20 Inventive Gifts for Baby Boomers
Still stumped on what to get mom and dad? Or your sister, brother, aunt, uncle, or spouse? No matter what your age, it’s likely you’ve got a baby boomer on your holiday shopping list. Lucky for you, we’ve rounded up 20 great gift options to choose from, from a self-watering flowerpot to teas inspired by wine. Here we go!
1. Adopt an Olive Tree ($69): First on the list because it might be our favorite gift on here, you can adopt an olive tree for someone and they’ll receive olive oil from that very tree! So cool.
2. iLP Turntable ($88): This hand doodad converts vinyl tracks into digital songs and transfers the directly to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
3. Vintage Teaworks ($16): Teas that are inspired by wine! From White Tea Riesling to Oolong Chardonnay, Rooibos Noir, and Black Tea Merlot, you’re sure to find a variety that fits the bill.
4. Fuji Instax ($82): Instant cameras are instant wins, especially around the holidays.
5. An 18th Century Portrait ($139): Does your mom or dad always refer to themselves as being from the dark ages? Get a portrait of them painted in 18th century style – they’ll love it.
6. 3M Roku Streaming Projector ($300): For someone who loves getting gadgety with it, this projector streams Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, HBO go, and more, powered by Roku.
7. Washable Keyboard ($40): A useful gift for any age.
8. Cassette to iPod Converter ($80): Got a bunch of cassettes, taped concerts and mix tapes that you can’t kick? Convert them to mp3s!
9. iPhone Lens Wallet + Kit ($80): For a new smartphone user, this lens kit is a fun toy. Includes fisheye, macro/wide angle, 2x telephoto lenses, and a mini tripod.
10. State Tables ($200): It’s not too late to get a custom state table! Order by this Saturday (12/15) for Christmas delivery.
11. Baggu Pouches ($20 and $40): Give your mom a pouch upgrade with any of Baggu’s stylish options.
12. Spirited Chocolate ($28): Chocolate that gets you tipsy? Love it.
13. Sea Stones on the Rocks ($32): Whisky rocks are cool, but these are actual sea stones and look like it! Love the handy case for keeping in the freezer (tumblers included).
14. Hue Starter Pack ($199): The latest in innovative lighting is a must for boomers who have it all.
15. Self-Watering Smart Flowerpot ($60): For folks who travel frequently, a smarter flowerpot is useful and has that whole “feels like the Jetsons” appeal.
16. Toggle Switch Plate ($40-$50): Speaking of the dark ages, this is a great piece for a den or man cave.
17. Beatles Monopoly ($30): We wonder how much Abbey Road sells for!
18. Lazerwood Keys ($40): Add some rustic charm to new tech.
19. The Art of British Rock ($23): Relive British Rock history through posters, album covers, and more.
20. Curvy Chrysanthemum Vase ($28): Add a pop of color to any living room or workspace with this fun piece.
What’s on your holiday wishlist this year? Let us know in the comments below!