14 Baby Shower Cakes That Won’t Make You Cringe
Calling all mommies-to-be… and cake aficionados! We’ve brought together 14 of the most unique and darling baby shower cakes for your viewing (and hopefully eating) pleasure. From tried-and-true favorites like baby animals and floral accents to a naked ombre cake, we have a cake for every shower’s and mum’s style.
1. Origami Crane Cake: The origami cranes… the fan cookies… and are those marshmallow pops?! This chinoiserie-inspired confection is perfect for the stylish mommy/anyone who loves beautiful things. (via Piccoli Elfi)
4. Rose and Coconut Cake: A buttery sponge cake, filled and encrusted with coconut, and topped with ribbon and sugar roses that are almost too pretty to eat — JK we’ll take a slice of this elegant cake. With a rose, pls! (via Luciana Borges)
5. Typography Cake: Don’t forget about mama! Bonus: Get the recipe AND score the DIY free downloadable and make your own cake toppers! (via The Proper Pinwheel)
7. Cake Duo: Ever arrive to a party to find yourself oh-so disappointed in the dessert? Make sure you have a cake to suit every tastebud with this duo. Prefer frosting or cake? Chocoholic or not so much? We got you covered. (via Call Me Cupcake)
9. Pastel Heart Cake: We heart this cake. (Too cheesy? Oh well.) We love cakes that work for a variety of occasions, and this one would look at home at your shower or even on your V-Day table. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
Are you an over-the-top fondant lover or a fan of the understated baby shower cake? Let us know below while we go nap off that sugar coma.