Calling all mommies-to-be… and cake aficionados! We’ve brought together 14 of the most unique and darling baby shower cakes for your viewing (and hopefully eating) pleasure. From tried-and-true favorites like baby animals and floral accents to a naked ombre cake, we have a cake for every shower’s and mum’s style.
1. Origami Crane Cake: The origami cranes… the fan cookies… and are those marshmallow pops?! This chinoiserie-inspired confection is perfect for the stylish mommy/anyone who loves beautiful things. (via Piccoli Elfi)
2. Baby Elephant Shower Cake: This sweet-as-can-be fondant creation with pastel elephants feels appropriate for any shower. (via Erica Obrien)
3. Modern White Baby Shower Cake: Baby blue is out for baby boys. This tinted geometric cake with an adorable critter on top is almost too cute to eat. (via 100 Layer Cake-let)
4. Rose and Coconut Cake: A buttery sponge cake, filled and encrusted with coconut, and topped with ribbon and sugar roses that are almost too pretty to eat — JK we’ll take a slice of this elegant cake. With a rose, pls! (via Luciana Borges)
5. Typography Cake: Don’t forget about mama! Bonus: Get the recipe AND score the DIY free downloadable and make your own cake toppers! (via The Proper Pinwheel)
6. Baby Owl Cake: This simple cake and owlet topper will fit every taste. Plus, there’s nothing more adorable than a baby owl. (Don’t tell the pastel elephants…) (via Hostess with the Mostess)
7. Cake Duo: Ever arrive to a party to find yourself oh-so disappointed in the dessert? Make sure you have a cake to suit every tastebud with this duo. Prefer frosting or cake? Chocoholic or not so much? We got you covered. (via Call Me Cupcake)
8. Garden Baby Shower Cake: A simple, elegant cake for your afternoon tea. Or baby shower. Just so long as you get to eat it. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
9. Pastel Heart Cake: We heart this cake. (Too cheesy? Oh well.) We love cakes that work for a variety of occasions, and this one would look at home at your shower or even on your V-Day table. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
10. Under the Big Top Circus Cake: We love the vintage carnival theme, and this cake certainly reaches death-defying heights. (via Hostess with the Mostess)
11. Rainbow Cat Cake: This feline confection is purr-fection, especially if you don’t fancy that overly-sugary fondant taste. (Yes, we like puns. Don’t judge us.) (via Coco Cake Land)
12. Lavender Ombre Cake: As we said, you’re either a frosting person or a cake person. This cake is for the latter. (via Mommo Design)
13. Spirals and Poms Baby Shower Cake: We’re not sure if Hudson is a girl or a boy, but we do know that her/his mommy has excellent taste. (via The Cake Blog)
14. Happy Baby Cake: Happy Birthday, Happy Easter, why not Happy Baby? This modern minimalist cake is right at home on the grown-ups’ table. (via 100 Layer Cakelet)
Are you an over-the-top fondant lover or a fan of the understated baby shower cake? Let us know below while we go nap off that sugar coma.