While we love the warm weather making its way into the forecast, those with back acne (otherwise known as “bacne”) may think otherwise. Unwanted breakouts on your back and revealing summer silhouettes do not necessarily mix. Luckily, there is a selection of body-safe, zit-fighting products that’ll quickly help rid the skin of pimples, blackheads, and other imperfections before summer officially arrives.
1. Georgette Klinger Acne Spot Relief ($22): Tell acne who’s boss with this leave-on treatment containing pore-clearing salicylic acid and healing tea tree oil.
2. Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash ($7): This budget-friendly buy is formulated specifically for breakout-prone skin and contains salicylic acid, pink grapefruit, vitamin C, and Neutrogena’s MICROCLEAR technology that protects against future imperfections.
3. Aveda Outer Peace Foaming Cleanser ($29): Deeply cleanse your back with this face and body soap that removes dirt, oil, and other impurities without overdrying the skin and leaving you irritated.
4. Lightstim for Acne ($169): If traditional products just don’t get the job done, it’s time to bring in this red and blue LED treatment’s bacteria-killing light to get rid of pimples and prevent new blemishes from appearing.
5. Bioré Pore Penetrating Charcoal Bar ($8): Charcoal is the ideal ingredient to use when you’re looking to clean out dirty pores. Acting as a magnet, this black soap will pull out and dissolve acne-causing impurities to help keep your back and shoulders clear.
6. Glytone Acne Treatment Spray ($42): Featuring 2 percent salicylic acid, this body spray can be spritzed onto problem areas for a seriously quick and effective application to fight skin inflammation.
7. Drunk Elephant Juju Bar ($28): Turn to this cleaning soap bar if you are a lazy gal looking for a three-in-one cleansing, exfoliating, and detoxifying formula.
8. Mario Badescu A.H.A. Botanical Body Soap ($8): Alpha hydroxy acid is an effective ingredient for fighting breakouts as it goes deep into the skin and chemically breaks down zit-causing matter.
9. The Grandpa Soap Co. Acne Treatment ($5): Lather this acne-fighting soap all around your problem areas and watch as its sulfur works magic on your back bumps.
10. Kate Somerville Anti Bac Clearing Lotion ($42): Appropriate for all skin types, this prescription-quality acne treatment can be applied to the back skin to help minimize the amount of oil produced and treat pesky bumps.
11. Murad Acne Body Wash ($40): Thanks to glycolic and salicylic acid, this is one of the most potent and fast-working body acne treatments. It also soothes the skin after its powerful ingredients do their job with a little help from green tea and licorice root.
12. Proactiv Clear Zone Body Pads ($35): These easy-to-apply spot-healing pads will minimize oil production, prevent new breakouts from forming, and eliminate pore-clogging dead skin cells.
13. Dermalogica Clear Start Breakout Clearing Foaming Wash ($20): Aside from the addition of salicylic acid, this cleansing wash contains eight botanicals such as tea tree, lavender, and camellia to calm irritation and redness.
Tweet us your favorite anti-acne products @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.