10 Basket Bags That Actually Are Perfect for Fall
Saying sayonara to summer is never easy, so clinging on to some of our tried and true warm-weather favorites is only natural. Luckily, this season you don’t have to give up the It girl-approved carryall that you kept by your side all summer long. That’s right — the basket bag trend still totally works for fall, and we are diggin’ it. Scroll down for options with darker hues, lots of leather details, and one epic tassel detail for cooler temps.
1. Free People Black Juliette Basket Bag ($42): The black leather on this little wicker gem makes transitioning to fall a breeze. Follow FP’s lead and add a bandana for extra French-girl flair.
2. Caterina Bertini Small Straw Bucket Bag ($59): Petite and totally fall picnic-ready, this bucket bag is just big enough to carry your phone, a coin purse, and a lipstick.
3. Zara Maxi Raffia Basket ($56): This casual carryall is the secret to channeling that weekend-friendly farmers’ market vibe, even if you can’t tell the difference between chard and kale.
4. Hartwood House Sol Crossbody Bag ($138): Structured rattan looks oh-so-polished, even as the weather starts to turn.
5. Frances Valentine Honeypot Basket Bag ($195): Maybe it’s the adorable name (the honeypot bag!) or the fancy chain-strap detail, but we’re 100 percent smitten with this basket buy.
6. Swahili Petite Primrose Shopper ($40): Woven by artisans in Ghana from elephant grass, this tote features fall-friendly hues instead of the standard-issue beige.
7. J.McLaughlin Bernice Crossbody Bag ($258): If you’re still feeling out this whole basket bag trend, this version your best bet — mostly leather with just a hint of wicker peeking out from underneath.
8. indigo&lavender Small Lucena Shopper Basket ($50): This round shoulder bag may have been hand woven in Marrakech of sustainable palm leaves, but the vibe? Very Paris in the ’70s.
9. Rinka Woven Tote ($48): The rich chocolate shade of this bag makes it irresistible for the new season. We’re envisioning it with nine-to-five and weekend outfits alike.
10. KAYU Charlotte Woven Straw Clutch ($205): For formal occasions (don’t forget those fall weddings!), this clutch is will score you non-stop compliments. Plus, everything’s better with a tassel — no matter what the season.
Want more fashion must-haves? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.