15 Bags to Amp Up Your Beach Style
Getaway season is here — finally! Let’s get those gorgeous espadrilles ready, grab a lovely beach towel or two, the Kindle, sunscreen, a few drinks… Yup, it’s never a light load to the beach. That’s why we’ve got 15 stunning beach bags that are big enough to carry all your essentials + that are stylish enough to take pretty much everywhere with you.
1. Hey Sailor Tote ($39): You’ll feel like a sophisticated sailor with this stunning tote, handmade with heavy duty canvas to weather any nautical storms.
2. Beach Bucket Bag ($150): A modern take on the classic beach bucket. We’re pretty sure you’ll be toting this mod beauty well past the lazy days in the sun. Apple picking in October, anyone?
3. Recycled Sail Cloth Bag ($75): It really doesn’t get more nautical. This graphic tote is constructed with recycled sails — yes, from sailboats. Is seven your lucky number? You can customize the number and color to make it truly yours.
4. Beet Market Tote ($48): Beets at the beach? Why yes, when they’re this lovely. This organic cotton tote is a fun way to add a splash of red to the sea of blues that makes up your beach gear.
5. Sailor Stripe Boat Tote ($68): A classic, perfected. This flawless sailor stripe tote is just what it needs to be — roomy, packed with interior pockets and ready to join you in many long days in the sand.
6. Waxed Canvas Tote ($165): The thing is, once you get your hands on a waxed canvas tote, you basically want to take it everywhere — to work, to the market and, of course, to the beach. Wear and tear gives it more character, so fear not. You can plop it right on the sand.
7. Primary Stripe Tote ($68): This vibrant tote is the perfect carryall for summer days, preferably in some remote exotic island.
8. Kalki Embriodered Tote ($228): Want something truly versatile? This boho bag is a true workhorse. A fresh style to carry your beach gear, the perfect weekender and a cute upgrade to your gym bag.
9. Long Beach Tote ($28): Because you can always use a bit of color-blocked chevron-inspired stuff in your life, there’s this bag.
10. Atlantique Tote ($98): A dressier take on the classic all-around tote, this grown-up tote will become your go-to all summer long.
11. High Seas Tote ($78): The storybook-style illustration makes this the perfect beach bag if you have little sandcastle builders with you. And because we know juice box accidents happen, you’ll be happy to know it’s machine washable.
12. Surfin’ USA Market Bag ($58): A fab bag with a fab cause behind it — each bag is made in collaboration with Saidpur Enterprises, an artisanal co-op that provides fair-wage jobs for Bangladeshi women.
13. Ogunquit Beach Bag ($150): Summery stripes, room for all your stuff (really), sturdy natural rope shoulder handle… your dream beach bag wish list, checked!
14. Market Weave Tote Bag ($63): Bright, roomy enough for the beach and neutral enough for every day, this geometric teal tote is silk screened with eco-friendly, non-toxic water-based inks, then hand sewn by a husband + wife team.
15. Beach Tote With Mat ($110): We may have saved the best for last. This sunny canvas tote comes with a coordinating beach mat, neatly secured to the tote with adjustable straps. It takes away the fuss of making everything fit in the bag again after a long day lazying under the sun.
How are you toting all you beach gear this summer? Tell us in the comments below.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)