8 Beauty Sticks for the Lazy Girl in All of Us
Blame it on the sun or those sizzling temps, but summer is that special time of year when we all get a little lazy with our beauty routine. Really, who’s contouring when it’s 100 degrees out? Before you vow to go makeup-free ’til fall, check out our list of effortless beauty sticks that will streamline your skincare and makeup routine in no time flat — which is exactly what you need to stay #flawless in the sweltering heat. We rounded up the latest products that will change your beauty game and are perfect for toting along on those end-of-summer vacays. So scroll down, and toss one or all of these in your makeup bag, stat.
1. Physicians Formula Super BB #InstaReady Contour Trio BB Stick SPF 30 in Bronze ($13): Don’t have time to contour? You do now. This velvety moisturizing bar offers three essential shades that highlight, bronze and define in one swipe. Apply it along your cheekbones, then blend in the stripe to create a sculpted, professional-looking finish.
2. Dior Fix It 2-in-1 Prime & Colour Correct ($36): Swap out the primer and the color-correcting palette for this two-in-one stick. It has a moisturizing powder core (for priming) and a color-correcting tone (available in four shades) for those times you need to cover up on the fly.
3. Tarte FRXXXTION Stick Exfoliating Cleanser ($22): This solid-to-suds gel is a cleanser, exfoliator and face mask all rolled into one portable stick that’s perfect for throwing into a carry-on. Massage it directly onto your face — the sea algae formula gently sloughs away dead skin cells and deep cleans pores.
4. Estée Lauder Double Wear Nude Cushion Stick Radiant Makeup ($39): Cushion technology gets a sleek makeover thanks to this slim foundation stick that bounces like your fave cushion compact. The featherweight formula and targeted applicator let you buff, tone and blend, evening out blotchy skin and covering up imperfections.
5. Julep Skip the Brush Creme-to-Powder Blush Stick ($24): No blending brushes needed here! This do-it-all stick feels like a velvety cream going on, and then sets to a long-lasting powder finish. Use it on cheeks to contour and highlight, then swipe it on lips and lids for a gorgeous glow.
6. Deep Steep Moisture Stick, Grapefruit Bergamot ($5): Get your moisture fix to go with this buttery balm. The non-greasy, natural formula is filled with antioxidants and coconut oils to nourish and protect thirsty skin.
non-touring makeup trend? This no-color, sheer stick with hydrating plant oils lends a natural glow to cheeks, lids and lips. Draw it on for a naked-looking face that’s totally selfie-worthy.
8. Milk Makeup Holographic Stick ($28): This lavender iridescent formula is loaded with meteorite powder and twilight pearls (?!) for a far-out prismatic effect on bare skin or over makeup. Infused with mango butter and avocado oils, it practically melts into your skin. Dot it on your cheeks, lips or brow bone any time you want to highlight.