The best apps of the week this week really speak to the creative within you. We’ve got Adobe’s awesome brand spankin’ new apps that’ll help you not only create gorgeous photos, but also edit them. They’re here to take your Instagram game to the next level. But it’s not all just art. There’s also one heck of an addicting game that you’ll probably spend this whole weekend playing + a mindfulness app that will remind you to slow down at the end of this busy week. Check out the goodies that we have for you.
1. Adobe Capture CC: This super cool new Adobe app will allow you to take a photo, create a sketch, use brushes or even choose color themes that you can then use in your other creative art. It’s definitely an app that lets your creativity to roam free. It was just released in conjunction with Photoshop Fix, which is basically Photoshop for your phone. Amazing.
2. Photoshop Fix: Like we said, this app puts Photoshop capabilities directly on your smartphone or tablet. Kinda amazing. Sorry, Android users — currently Photoshop Fix is only on the iPhone, but you do still have Photoshop Express and Photoshop Mix (whew, they have quite a few apps out there). Photoshop Fix has the ability to Liquify (which changes an object’s shape), Spot Heal and more.
DL: Free on iOS
3. Pause: This app helps you unwind by letting you control beautiful, peaceful color blobs on your screen. As you move it around the screen, the app will remind you to slow down or keep moving. Think of it as tai chi for you fingertips. It’s the perfect stress-reliever.
DL It: $1.99 on iOS
4. Shooty Skies: It’s here, guys. Your newest time suck. Brought to us by the same guys who are doing Crossy Road (you saw them at the Apple Fall Event last month demo-ing their new game for Apple TV), Shooty Skies is the impossibly addicting game where you — yep, you guessed it — shoot in the sky. With throwback pixellated graphics with a modern twist, this game is super fun. You’re welcome.
DL It: Free on iOS
5. Assembly: Assembly bring graphic design to your fingertips whether you’re a novice or a pro. It helps you create awesome vector art that is completely scalable. All you need is a few taps and pinches. What’s also great about this creative-approved app is that you can access it on your iPad and iPhone, so you’re free to change up your work wherever you go. Plus, you can collaborate with other designers within the app itself.
DL It: $2.99 on iOS
What was your favorite app of the week? Share your thoughts with us below or Tweet us @britandco!