5 Best Apps of the Week: theSkimm’s New Lifestyle Reminder App + More!
Go ahead. Pick up your smartphone. You’ve been working on solutions for your smartphone addiction, but it has been a long week and it’s time to reward yourself with some new apps. YAAAAS, it’s best apps of the week time. This week, popular email newsletter theSkimm launched their brand new subscription app that “puts the future in your hands.” Other exciting apps to download include a money management app, an app that keeps your eyes on your family and even one for sunset lovers. Check them out below.
1. Skimm Ahead: Since theSkimm first launched three and a half years ago, it’s gained a legion of fans — including Oprah! Now, the company is back with a subscription calendar app that will put things like Election Day or the Premiere of OITNB into your calendar before you even remember to input it yourself. Now that’s just genius.
DL It: $2.99 a month on iOS
2. Perri: Get rid of your Excel spreadsheet and stay on top of your finances with Perri. The app’s simple interface allows you to track the money you spend and input simple descriptions. Perri will even help you calculate how much more wiggle room you have left in your budget each month.
DL It: Free on iOS
3. Picturize: This is the app lazy readers have been waiting for. Simply snap a pic of a page and Picturize, using character recognition technology, will summarize what’s written on the page. You can even add bullet points and share your simple summary with friends.
DL It: Free on Android
4. FamilyInSafe: It’s 10pm. Do you know where your children are? Well, if you had the app FamilyInSafe, you would. FamilyInSafe allows you to track the location of your family members, send one another messages and even has a feature that lets you share to-do lists with your fam.
5. Alpenglow: Alpenglow is a must for anyone who loves an epic sunrise or sunset. Based on your location, the app lets you know what time the sun goes down (or up for that matter!). You can even rank the wow factor of the sunrise or sunset and share with other sun-lovers.
DL It: Free on iOS
What was your favorite app of the week? Tweet us @BritandCo!