15 Colorful Running Shoes You Won’t Want to Take Off
There are a lot of good excuses to buy a new pair of shoes — it’s your birthday, it’s a Tuesday or it’s the new year. Now, at the onset of 2016, it’s time to push your obsession with of-the-moment lace-up flats or chic stilettos to the side and switch up your running shoes. Not only will this workout wardrobe refresh make your sweat sesh a lot more comfortable and help prevent injury, but a brand-new pair of sneakers – in vibrant hues no less — is the perfect motivation to hit the treadmill after taking it easy during the holidays. Scroll through to see 15 colorful gym shoes that will liven up even your most basic workout clothes.
1. Asics Gel-Kayano Mono Print Pack Sneaker ($100): There’s just something about neon that gets the adrenaline going, which is key when an early-morning run is on the agenda. Because a pre-coffee burn calls for all the help you can get.
2. Brooks Cascadia 10 ($120): If amping up your running game is one of your new year’s resolutions, you’re going to need a pair of shoes that are up for the challenge. These super supportive kicks will make taking on even the gnarliest of trails a breeze.
3. Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit 5 Print Training Shoe ($110): Your snooze button doesn’t have anything on these steppers. A serious sole offering mega-stability will make any workout a little bit more bearable, while a funky graphic print will make you feel like fit fashion royalty.
4. New Balance T690v1 ($75): Whether you plan on hitting the trail or pounding the pavement, this eye-catching pair will keep feet happy and your style on-point. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself swapping them in for your favorite flats.
5. Salomon XR Mission W ($110): Bright color and plenty of cushioning make this colorful shoe a must-have, especially if you like to run outdoors instead of at the gym.
6. Adidas Outdoor Response Trail Boost ($110): These cloud-like kicks were made with the indecisive in mind, offering soles in both neon green and playful pink. But the best part of these look-at-me sneakers is their heavy-duty soles inspired by mountain bike tires. Slipping? Not on their watch.
7. Puma Bravery Women’s Running Shoe ($70): Whether you live for the treadmill or you run outdoors in sub-zero temps (yas queen!), these lightweight runners have you covered.
8. Nike Metcon 1 ($120): It could go two ways with these ultra flexible trainers — you’ll love them so much you’ll want to wear them all day every day, or you’ll love them so much you’ll go to the ends of the earth to keep them lookin’ fly. Either way, it’s a win-win.
10. On Shoes Cloud Running Shoe ($120): You may not have heard of this Swiss brand yet, but their CloudTec technology (read: crazy comfy sole) and sleek design will make them a fast favorite with your even faster feet.
11. Under Armor Micro G Limitless Shoes ($85): This low-profile trainer does it all, offering big-time support, major motion control and, of course, vibrant colors that make sure your style sensibilities stay intact even during your most intense sprints.
12. Adidas Stellasport Ively Shoes ($100): Two words: rainbow shoes. Girllll, if these don’t get you excited to get your jog on, nothing will.
14. Asics Gel Hyper Tri Running Shoe ($100): If the neon and pink color palette wasn’t enough to win you over, the ultra-lightweight feel of these runners will. They won’t weigh you or your gym tote down.
15. Nike Free TR 5 Flyknit Training Shoe ($130): There’s serious science backing these textured running kicks, so you know these babies are legit. Designed to give you a sock-like fit (snug, second-skin-like), they’re uber comfortable while offering superior support. That knit-like upper isn’t too shabby either.