Every modern-day ballerina needs her go-to shoe. So for those of you who dig ballerina-inspired fashion (without the leotard and tutu), it is now trending. That’s right. The lace-up flat is the new shoe of the summer. Whether you’re planning on stepping out to your next summer party or going to the city, we’ve got you covered. Check out these ultra-chic, blogger-approved ways to rock lace-up flats like a boss any day of the week.
1. The Perfect Duo: This is the perfect combination of soft and edgy. The lace-up flats bring that chic vibe to the table, while the lace shirt looks classy and the point cap hat looks totally rock and roll. (via Pages by Megan)
2. Casual: You can always dress up your fave t-shirt and jean shorts with some lace-up flats. Seriously, how effortless is this look? #Swoon (via A Pair & A Spare)
3. All Black Chic: Sometimes all you need is an all-black outfit to look fierce. The lace-up flats add another dimension of cool to this outfit. (via Penny and Polaroids)
4. Girly: If you’re looking for a more girly look, style your flats with some scalloped shorts or a skirt. The blue button-up shirt and structured bag make this entire outfit feel super put together. (via Pieces of Mariposa)
5. Boyfriend jeans: Here are your biker and ballet styles combined into one. The boyfriend jeans are relaxed and bring that oh-so-cool vibe. And that blazer makes it weekend-adventure-ready. (via EJ Style)
6. Pussy Bow Dress: For those opting to look like a modern ballerina, here you go. Wear this rad combination to your next theatre date. (via Cindy Nguyen)
7. Summer Dress: Nights out on the patio are coming, and this is the perfect outfit idea. The pretty lime color of the dress paired with the lace-up flats is super eye-catching. We wish we could wear this all. the. time. (via The Bobbed Brunette)
8. Weekend Adventures: We love adventures, and that’s exactly what this outfit says. Who wants in? This pairing of tie-up shorts, a ruffled blouse and lace-up shoes will definitely help you get there. (via My Blueberry Nights)
9. Two-piece Set: Pair lace-up flats with a pretty top and skirt and you’re done. Extra points if the skirt has fringe. (via Collage Vintage)
10. Embroidered Dress: To try a playful approach, mix lace-up flats with an embroidered dress. We’ve seen the embroidered dress with so many high heels and sandals, but this is a unique approach. It’s perfect for your next trip to the city. (via M Loves M)
11. Ultimate Rocker Chic: All you need is a graphic t-shirt, pleather jacket and distressed jeans for that rocker style. The lace-up flats will bring a cool-girl vibe to the outfit. (via Sincerely Jules)
12. Loose Fit Pants: Not every day is skinny jean day. If you’re going for a relaxed fit while looking stylish, opt for this dynamic combo. You’ll feel good and look great. (via Moments of Spur)
13. Rolled-Up Denim: An easy styling trick is to play around with the look of your denim. Roll up your jeans just enough so you can see the awesome detail of the laces (BAM!). (via Free People)
14. Editor Style: For your next editor-inspired outfit, try mixing texture and color. This untucked chambray shirt looks professional but relaxed, while the lace-up flats give this outfit a chic #girlboss feel. (via The Frugality)
How do you wear your lace-up flats? Tell us in the comments below.