Spring and summer are the best times to start pursuing a more active lifestyle. The weather can’t be beat for getting out there for a jog, hike, or bike ride. One way to motivate yourself for your fitness goals is by attending a fitness festival. There are plenty of these, and they often feature everything from yoga to cycling, plus holistic-living workshops, organic food samples, meditation, and music. If you’re looking to add a little movement to your schedule, check out these upcoming fitness festivals across the nation.
1.We Dare To Bare Fitness Festivals and 5K Dance Parties (Various): We Dare To Bare strives to be the body-positive festival of your dreams. Their mission is to host events for women of all shapes and sizes and to help them overcome any inhibitions that might normally prevent them from attending other fitness fests. They’ve also got a variety of classes at different price points (spin classes range from $50-$100, group fitness is $50, and their dance parties are free — though it should be said that they are a nonprofit and fees go toward the Movemeant Foundation benefiting girls’ education) so everyone can attend. They’ll be hosting upcoming events in San Francisco, NYC, Chicago, and Nashville.
2. Wanderlust Yoga Fest (Various): Wanderlust puts together some of the best fitness festivals every summer, with both multi-day and one-day events across the country. Some of the things you might encounter at a Wanderlust event include 5Ks, hikes, talks on mindful living, local and organic meals, incredible DJ performances and, of course, plenty of yoga. This summer, events are happening everywhere from Snowshoe, WV, to North Lake Tahoe, CA, along with some occurring outside the US in Canada, Japan, Germany, and beyond.
3. Mountain Sports Festival (May 25-27; Asheville, NC): Dirt bikes. Kayaks. Mountain disc golf. Rock climbing. Dodgeball. These are just some of the various sports you’ll encounter at Asheville’s Mountain Sports Festival. This weekend-long experience encompasses so many activities while also catering to festival-goers of all ages. Bring your kids to hang at the playground or Heartstrings Kid Zone; chill out with some food, beer, and music; or, you know, get active!
4. Telluride Weekend of Wellness (June 7-10; Telluride, CO): For those wanting to get away from it all, few places fit the bill quite like Telluride. This mountain town offers more of a retreat-style event. Participants wake up early for fresh-pressed juices, teas, and other goodies, then move on to a morning hike. Next is a fitness class, followed by breakfast (what? Yes, you get all that stuff done before breakfast), cycling, and what they call “personal restoration” in the form of massages, meditation, and more.
5. Propel Co:Labs Fitness Festival (Various): Propel has put together what sounds like one of the most fun fitness festivals of the year, with events happening in Miami, Los Angeles, NYC, and Chicago. Push yourself in a HIIT Speed Play class while listening to the tunes of Mark Ronson, or take a ’90s hip-hop-inspired yoga class. There’s indoor rowing, a box and yoga flow hybrid class, sound baths, a fitness class while Ludacris performs, celeb trainers, and so much more. Told you it was fun.
6. Kaiser Permanente’s Women’s Fitness Festival (June 3rd; Sacramento, CA): This for-women festival is centered mainly around various 5K and 10K races, including Mother/Daughter teams, BFF teams, and Sisters teams. After the race, contestants are welcome to check out the rest of the fitness expo, where plenty of vendors will be around to dish out info and swag for the local fitness community. Awards will also be handed out, and a visit to their Mimosa Garden will certainly sweeten the deal at the end.
Are you attending any fitness festivals this year? Let us know about them @BritandCo!
(Photo via Getty)