The 5 Best Places to Travel in April
April is officially springtime, and we’re back with another installment of best places to travel. This month, we’re looking to escape those spring showers by focusing on fun destinations to take advantage of in the upcoming weeks. From exotic places that offer instagrammable festivals, to domestic destinations that are perfect for a quick weekend away, the below cities should be on your radar for your next vacay. Keep scrolling below to get your wanderlust on.
1. Kyoto, Japan: If you’ve been waiting for the perfect time to hop the pond to Asia, this is it. This city, located on the island of Honshu, is one of the most gorgeous spots to be during this time of the year. This is largely credited to the famed cheery blossoms, which are forecasted to be at their peak for the first two weeks of the month. The area also boasts lots of Buddhist temples (like the gorgeous gold-covered Kinkaku-ji), gardens, palaces, and more to explore, so between the cultural offerings and climate, it’s a traveler’s win-win.
2. Savannah, Georgia: For any golf pros — or wannabes in the making — The Master’s is held at the famous Augusta course right outside of Savannah during April. Even if you aren’t attending the actual event, expect to see lots of fanfare in the city leading up to it. Or, if watching 18 holes isn’t your thing, other charming elements like cascading oak trees, antebellum houses, and food that fills your soul (like B’s Cracklin’ BBQ), can be found here too. Then, when you get tired from taking in all of the city’s offerings, Forsyth Park is the perfect spot to kick back, relax, and soak in some true Southern charm.
3. Amsterdam, Netherlands: This city, known for its colorful architecture and culture, comes alive during the month of April. King’s Day, a holiday that pays homage to the monarchy, is a widely celebrated event that fills the city with electric street parties, live music, and open-aired markets, all clad in the day’s special color, orange. If a more low-key experience is up your alley, the famed Tulip Festival is a great way to see the area’s sights at their very best — in full bloom.
4. Chicago, Illinois: The cold front for this Midwestern city is almost over by now, and since it’s one of the most affordable spots to travel to during this month, it’s the perfect time to book a trip. Take advantage of the warmer temps by exploring the beautiful shops and sites on the famed Michigan Ave or lakefront coastline. For an experience that’s sure to draw a crowd, season openers for the Chicago Cubs or White Sox also occur in April. The Cub’s home base — Wrigleyville — now boasts some brand new establishments like the trendy Hotel Zachary, making it more fun to enjoy watching the city’s favorite pasttime.
5. Marrakech, Morocco: Take a trek beyond continental America to an exotic spot that promises beautiful marketplaces, mosques, and other unique experiences. In Marrakech during April, you’ll find perfectly mild temperatures which makes it comfortable to enjoy indoor and outdoor activities alike. Whether you’re in hot pursuit of a gorgeous new trinket to take home from Jemaa el-Fnaa marketplace or want to take a camel ride in Palm Grove, your time here is guaranteed to feel like a true trip away from your day-to-day.
Which April spot are you ready to book? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)