The Best Shorts for Spring 2017
Alert the masses! Shorts weather is THIS close to being here. While you might live in rompers, one-shoulder dresses, and swimsuits 90 percent of the time, you’ll definitely want a few pairs of Insta-worthy shorts on hand to diversify your new-season fashion portfolio. Lucky you, we’ve pulled 16 OMG-worthy options to invest in for a street style-ready summer — and they’re all just a scroll away.
1. Zara Gingham Check High Rise Shorts ($40): Gingham has taken a turn for the better for summer 2017, and these high-waisted stunners are proof. Between the sharp silhouette and swoon-inducing floral embroidery, the snappy set just might usurp your fave pair of cutoffs’ place of prestige in your warm-weather lineup.
2. Topshop Desert Spot Shorts ($60): Decked out in bright cacti, these lightweight track shorts will do anything but leave your style high and dry. Keep things low-key for an early morning coffee run by styling these bad boys alongside a cold-shoulder tee, bib necklace, and embellished slides for a killer look that comes together in seconds.
3. Driftwood Jill Short ($108): Floral embroidery and a skinny fit give a pair of otherwise classic Bermuda shorts a RN edge. Charged with an endless supply of West Coast cool, they’re best paired with an oversized blazer, ankle boots, and asymmetric earrings for a modern FROW-ready look.
4. H&M Lace Shorts ($35): Who needs cutoffs when you have a pair of dreamy lace shorts like these on hand? Guaranteed to become a regular in your rotation, they’ll straight-up slay dressed up with a silk cami and strappy heels for a night out with the girls.
5. Scotch & Soda Fun Printed Shorts ($85): Ruffles, neon, and an effortless fit — these eye-catching shorts have it all. For a “trying, but not trying too hard” vibe, pop this pretty pair on with a tie-front bodysuit, tassel earrings, and a wicker basket for a bit of fun in the sun.
6. Pixie Market Striped Wrap Belted Skort ($109): Is it a skirt? Is it a pair of shorts? Good news — it’s both! Teaming form and function in flawless fashion, this snappy little skort is the answer to all of your summer sartorial prayers. Prepare to send your Insta following into a frenzy when you bust this number out with statement sleeves and a pair of bright mules.
7. ASOS Denim Mom Shorts in Yellow ($45): Bad vibes? Impossible, with these sunny yellow shorts in tow. Just add an off-the-shoulder top, lace-up sandals, and a fringe-trimmed bag FTW.
8. Caron Callahan Dover Short in Canvas ($290): With their paper-bag waist, snazzy belt, and sophisticated neutral hue, these shorts have major on-the-job potential (if your office has a low-key vibe, that is). For extra polish, a modern button-down, block-heel mules, and statement studs are definitely in order.
9. Rococo Sand Embroidered Silk Shorts ($220): Allow these playfully patterned shorts — with multi-colored tassels, no less! — to serve as the centerpiece of your summer wardrobe. Embrace a beach babe state of mind for soaking up rays seaside by teaming them with a floaty linen top, bright head scarf, and mirrored sunnies.
10. & Other Stories Buttoned Leather Shorts ($225): Introducing the leather shorts that will have you ready for cocktail hour (or any other amount of summertime shenanigans) in two-seconds flat. Throw them on with a breezy blouse and strappy heels for an effortless look that nails it every single time.
11. J.Crew Tie-Waist Short in Liberty Thorpe Floral ($75): Die-hard prepster or bohemian babe — here’s a pair of shorts everyone can get behind. Between the tie-waist detailing and hand-drawn Liberty floral print, there’s a whole lot to love.
12. C/meo Collective Nothing Even Matters Shorts ($125): It’s officially time to dial up the drama with these ruffled brush-stroke shorts that require zero effort. Slip them on with a one-shoulder top and wedges for a backyard bash or sunset cruising with the top down.
13. Capulet Ravenna Lace-Front Short ($88): All laced up and ready to go. If the corset trend felt a little too foreign for your no-frills style sensibilities, these throw-on-and-go stunners offer the perfect opportunity to give it a try.
14. Rachel Zoe Karlene Tasseled Embroidered Cotton-Gauze Shorts ($225): A world without tassels? We’ll pass. Pull out all the stops — and then some — with these fringe and tassel-trimmed shorts that were practically made for al fresco fiestas and beach vacays.
15. Mango Floral Embroidered Shorts ($60): Anything-but-basic basics are most definitely our jam, and these folksy shorts are nothing short of ah-mazing. The bright embroidery and zip-front detailing are enough to make any Instababe swoon.
16. Silence + Noise Metallic Runner Short ($49): ICYMI: Daytime metallics are totally a thing. You best believe these high-shine shorts will be coming along for glamping adventures, seaside strolls, Taco Tuesday, and everything in between — in addition to some oversized shades and an airy kimono.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.