The Top Swimsuit Trends for 2017, According to Pinterest
When it comes to something as monumental as your swimwear, you don’t want to be steered in the wrong direction. Looking for a trend-right suit that works for your beautiful bod is no easy task, so why not turn to Pinterest for a little inspo. Keep scrolling for 14 double-tap-worthy swimsuit trends — according to Pinterest — that are going to be everywhere this summer.
1. Geometric Designs: Not just restricted to the boardwalk, a kaleidoscopic one-piece (a reimagined bodysuit, if you will) is Coachella-bound. Just add denim cutoffs and mirrored shades for a festi-cool vibe. Brit + Co Pick:Billabong Geometric Print Swimsuit ($89)
2. Statement-Making One-Piece: Skimpy bikinis, you’ve got competition. Take on the first pool party of the season with a statement-making one-piece that’s guaranteed to command attention by the kiddie pool. Grab your most OTT watermelon pool float, some heartbreaker sunnies, and a pair of rubber pool slides to solidify your beach bum status. Brit + Co Pick:Ban.do x Private Party Available for Weekends Swimsuit ($99)
3. High-Necked Suits: Step aside, Pamela Anderson — there’s a new lifeguard in town. Fifty shades of fierce looks a little somethin’ somethin’ like this. Check out this red high-necked halter suit featuring gold grommets that will have you slaying hard on- and off-duty. Bae watch is officially on. Brit + Co Pick:For Love & Lemons Mallorca Ring Halter Top ($108) + Mallorca Ring Bow Bottom ($86)
4. Crop Top: Cutting class or playing hooky from your nine-to-five has never looked so good. ICYMI: Sporty swimwear — including athleisure-inspired crop tops — is *totally* having a moment. All the more to show off your athletic physique as you hit the waves. Brit + Co Pick:J.Crew Friday Sporty Swim Top ($54) + J.Crew Low-Rider Bikini Bottom in Italian Matte ($44)
5. Ladylike Scallops: You had us at ultra-femme scallops that charm at first sight. Part Audrey Hepburn, part Coco Chanel, this timeless triangle bikini is destined for a yachting party, a Montauk getaway, or an upcoming honeymoon on the Bimini coast. Brit + Co Pick:Kate Spade Marina Piccola Scalloped Triangle Bikini ($98) + Marina Piccola Scalloped High Waist ($85)
6. Crochet Necklines: Channel those summertime vibes at long last with this bohemian floral print swimsuit that’s ready for an afternoon spent frolicking on the beach. The crochet neckline brings the Drama (with a capital D). Brit + Co Pick:Billabong x UO Hippie Hooray One-Piece Swimsuit ($85)
7. High-Waisted Bottoms: You have Taylor Swift to thank for the resurgence of retro high-waisted bottoms. Between the abstract print and the flirty bandeau top, this stylish navy co-ord isn’t messing around one bit. Brit + Co Pick:The Ones Who Maren Top in Atlas ($72) + Heather Bottoms in Atlas ($70)
8. Neck-Plunging Suits: Ow ow! Live up to your YOLO reputation by investing in an envelope-pushing deep-V bathing suit that’s worth ALL the hype. (Just don’t do anything we wouldn’t do.) Add a ‘90s-esque puka shell necklace for a low-key hang sesh or dial up the diva appeal for a destination wedding with a flower crown and white leather sandals. Brit + Co Pick:Minkpink Texta Tropical Plunge One Piece ($99)
9. Sheer Panels: Sneaky, sneaky! Introducing a tasteful way to show off some skin without entering risqué territory. The sheer panels at the neckline and panty line are just scandalous enough for a black tie cocktail party (poolside edition, natch). Brit + Co Pick:Forever 21 Sheer V-Neck One-Piece Swimsuit ($23)
10. Barely-There Suits: Flesh-toned swimwear is already trending, and we can see why. An itty-bitty, yet still flattering nude bikini with blush undertones deserves a top spot on your packing list for Tulum. Brit + Co Pick:Melissa Odabash Sardinia Lace-Up Bikini Top ($107) + Sardinia Bikini Briefs ($107)
11. Off-the-Shoulder Ruffles: Skirt the line between blasé and cha-cha-ready with a ruffled off-the-shoulder one-piece that’s ready to dance the conga line. Some pretty coral tassel earrings and your savviest wide-brimmed hat will have you living your best life. Bottomless mimosas may or may not be required. Brit + Co Pick:Mara Hoffman Exclusive Ruffle Shoulder One Piece ($240)
12. Epic Color-blocking: Go bold or go home with this neon coral and cobalt contrast swimsuit that was born to stand out. Not only does this reimagined one-piece pack a major color punch, but there’s nothing matronly about it. Brit + Co Pick:Allihop Double-Strap One-Piece ($118)
13. Bardot-Inspired Flounce: Too much off-the-shoulder flounce? No such thing. Grab some Hawaiian leis and a fruity cocktail for spring break round two. Complete your Bachelor in Paradise-inspired look with a fishtail braid and a sun-kissed glow. Brit + Co Pick:Tori Praver Seafoam Floral Off the Shoulder Underwire Bikini Top in Bright Mango ($35)
14. High-Cut Suits: You snooze, you lose, babe. Call dibs on a high-cut bikini featuring extra-cheeky bottoms, or we’ll beat you to it. Capiche? Brit + Co Pick:Free People The Lucid Bikini Top ($85) + Love Sick Bikini Bottom ($120)
Which bathing suit trends are you most excited to test-drive this summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more swimwear inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.