When it comes to something as monumental as your swimwear, you don’t want to be steered in the wrong direction. Looking for a trend-right suit that works for your beautiful bod is no easy task, so why not turn to Pinterest for a little inspo. Keep scrolling for 14 double-tap-worthy swimsuit trends — according to Pinterest — that are going to be everywhere this summer.
1. Geometric Designs: Not just restricted to the boardwalk, a kaleidoscopic one-piece (a reimagined bodysuit, if you will) is Coachella-bound. Just add denim cutoffs and mirrored shades for a festi-cool vibe. Brit + Co Pick:Billabong Geometric Print Swimsuit ($89)
2. Statement-Making One-Piece: Skimpy bikinis, you’ve got competition. Take on the first pool party of the season with a statement-making one-piece that’s guaranteed to command attention by the kiddie pool. Grab your most OTT watermelon pool float, some heartbreaker sunnies, and a pair of rubber pool slides to solidify your beach bum status. Brit + Co Pick:Ban.do x Private Party Available for Weekends Swimsuit ($99)
3. High-Necked Suits: Step aside, Pamela Anderson — there’s a new lifeguard in town. Fifty shades of fierce looks a little somethin’ somethin’ like this. Check out this red high-necked halter suit featuring gold grommets that will have you slaying hard on- and off-duty. Bae watch is officially on. Brit + Co Pick:For Love & Lemons Mallorca Ring Halter Top ($108) + Mallorca Ring Bow Bottom ($86)
4. Crop Top: Cutting class or playing hooky from your nine-to-five has never looked so good. ICYMI: Sporty swimwear — including athleisure-inspired crop tops — is *totally* having a moment. All the more to show off your athletic physique as you hit the waves. Brit + Co Pick:J.Crew Friday Sporty Swim Top ($54) + J.Crew Low-Rider Bikini Bottom in Italian Matte ($44)
5. Ladylike Scallops: You had us at ultra-femme scallops that charm at first sight. Part Audrey Hepburn, part Coco Chanel, this timeless triangle bikini is destined for a yachting party, a Montauk getaway, or an upcoming honeymoon on the Bimini coast. Brit + Co Pick:Kate Spade Marina Piccola Scalloped Triangle Bikini ($98) + Marina Piccola Scalloped High Waist ($85)
6. Crochet Necklines: Channel those summertime vibes at long last with this bohemian floral print swimsuit that’s ready for an afternoon spent frolicking on the beach. The crochet neckline brings the Drama (with a capital D). Brit + Co Pick:Billabong x UO Hippie Hooray One-Piece Swimsuit ($85)
7. High-Waisted Bottoms: You have Taylor Swift to thank for the resurgence of retro high-waisted bottoms. Between the abstract print and the flirty bandeau top, this stylish navy co-ord isn’t messing around one bit. Brit + Co Pick:The Ones Who Maren Top in Atlas ($72) + Heather Bottoms in Atlas ($70)
8. Neck-Plunging Suits: Ow ow! Live up to your YOLO reputation by investing in an envelope-pushing deep-V bathing suit that’s worth ALL the hype. (Just don’t do anything we wouldn’t do.) Add a ‘90s-esque puka shell necklace for a low-key hang sesh or dial up the diva appeal for a destination wedding with a flower crown and white leather sandals. Brit + Co Pick:Minkpink Texta Tropical Plunge One Piece ($99)
9. Sheer Panels: Sneaky, sneaky! Introducing a tasteful way to show off some skin without entering risqué territory. The sheer panels at the neckline and panty line are just scandalous enough for a black tie cocktail party (poolside edition, natch). Brit + Co Pick:Forever 21 Sheer V-Neck One-Piece Swimsuit ($23)
10. Barely-There Suits: Flesh-toned swimwear is already trending, and we can see why. An itty-bitty, yet still flattering nude bikini with blush undertones deserves a top spot on your packing list for Tulum. Brit + Co Pick:Melissa Odabash Sardinia Lace-Up Bikini Top ($107) + Sardinia Bikini Briefs ($107)
11. Off-the-Shoulder Ruffles: Skirt the line between blasé and cha-cha-ready with a ruffled off-the-shoulder one-piece that’s ready to dance the conga line. Some pretty coral tassel earrings and your savviest wide-brimmed hat will have you living your best life. Bottomless mimosas may or may not be required. Brit + Co Pick:Mara Hoffman Exclusive Ruffle Shoulder One Piece ($240)
12. Epic Color-blocking: Go bold or go home with this neon coral and cobalt contrast swimsuit that was born to stand out. Not only does this reimagined one-piece pack a major color punch, but there’s nothing matronly about it. Brit + Co Pick:Allihop Double-Strap One-Piece ($118)
13. Bardot-Inspired Flounce: Too much off-the-shoulder flounce? No such thing. Grab some Hawaiian leis and a fruity cocktail for spring break round two. Complete your Bachelor in Paradise-inspired look with a fishtail braid and a sun-kissed glow. Brit + Co Pick:Tori Praver Seafoam Floral Off the Shoulder Underwire Bikini Top in Bright Mango ($35)
14. High-Cut Suits: You snooze, you lose, babe. Call dibs on a high-cut bikini featuring extra-cheeky bottoms, or we’ll beat you to it. Capiche? Brit + Co Pick:Free People The Lucid Bikini Top ($85) + Love Sick Bikini Bottom ($120)
Which bathing suit trends are you most excited to test-drive this summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more swimwear inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.