7 #OOTDs for the Week: The Best Spring Break Swimsuit Trends
It’s not enough for spring and all its breezy fashions to get here quickly; we’re counting down the days until full-on soak-up-the-sun Spring Break. Just remember that wherever your escape-the-blizzard vacay takes you, you’ll need to bring your bikini game. This week’s outfit inspiration is about blocking out that two+ feet of snow and getting on board with the 2015 best swimwear trends with help from some of the most stylish ladies on Instagram. Scroll through these seven #OOTDs below to learn how to upgrade your beach-bound best.
1. @carriebradshawlied: Why wear just one neon color to the pool? California blogger Kathleen’s color blocked bikini top has as much a tropical vibe as her surroundings (and the pina colada we hope she sipped after this swim sesh).
2. @lyndiinthecity: Orange County-based blogger Lyndi shows off one of the easiest ways to wear one of spring’s most bohemian-feeling trends: crochet clothing. The loosely stitched fabric makes perfect sense as a swimsuit (say, versus pants). It’s subtly revealing, and a more covered-up way to look like a total bombshell on the beach. Toss on a fringe-y kimono to complete the wild child look.
3. @krystin_lee: Crisp scalloped edges add an instant feminine feel to beachwear, whether your suit is vintage-inspired like Toronto blogger Krystin or not. It’s definitely one trick to making a black or white (or both!) swimsuit not feel boring in a sea of neon + prints.
4. @grasiemercedes: This spring break, try to not reach for the floral print bikini (Been there. Done that). LA-based blogger Grasie shows off how one of many offbeat alternatives — from sporty stars to geo prints to sassy lettered suits — can all flat-out stun.
5. @jessannkirby: East Coast blogger Jess Ann is following the Taylor Swift school of beach dressing by not showing her belly button, but proves that the high-waisted silhouette can still look totally cool (three words: leopard print bikini).
6. @anouskapb: Cutouts might have been the best thing to ever happen to the classic one-piece. Make them work in more than a purely decorative way by picking a suit with slits that actually flatter your figure, like the ones that add extra curve appeal to Irish blogger Anouska’s one-piece.
7. @colormecourtney: Spring break’s hottest bathing suit colors are, quite surprisingly, black and white. NYC blogger Courtney shows you can still have fun in the sun sticking to this simple color palette (though it definitely helps if you bring a donut float along).
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.