7 #OOTDs for the Week: The Best Spring Break Swimsuit Trends
It’s not enough for spring and all its breezy fashions to get here quickly; we’re counting down the days until full-on soak-up-the-sun Spring Break. Just remember that wherever your escape-the-blizzard vacay takes you, you’ll need to bring your bikini game. This week’s outfit inspiration is about blocking out that two+ feet of snow and getting on board with the 2015 best swimwear trends with help from some of the most stylish ladies on Instagram. Scroll through these seven #OOTDs below to learn how to upgrade your beach-bound best.
1. @carriebradshawlied: Why wear just one neon color to the pool? California blogger Kathleen’s color blocked bikini top has as much a tropical vibe as her surroundings (and the pina colada we hope she sipped after this swim sesh).
2. @lyndiinthecity: Orange County-based blogger Lyndi shows off one of the easiest ways to wear one of spring’s most bohemian-feeling trends: crochet clothing. The loosely stitched fabric makes perfect sense as a swimsuit (say, versus pants). It’s subtly revealing, and a more covered-up way to look like a total bombshell on the beach. Toss on a fringe-y kimono to complete the wild child look.
3. @krystin_lee: Crisp scalloped edges add an instant feminine feel to beachwear, whether your suit is vintage-inspired like Toronto blogger Krystin or not. It’s definitely one trick to making a black or white (or both!) swimsuit not feel boring in a sea of neon + prints.
4. @grasiemercedes: This spring break, try to not reach for the floral print bikini (Been there. Done that). LA-based blogger Grasie shows off how one of many offbeat alternatives — from sporty stars to geo prints to sassy lettered suits — can all flat-out stun.
5. @jessannkirby: East Coast blogger Jess Ann is following the Taylor Swift school of beach dressing by not showing her belly button, but proves that the high-waisted silhouette can still look totally cool (three words: leopard print bikini).
6. @anouskapb: Cutouts might have been the best thing to ever happen to the classic one-piece. Make them work in more than a purely decorative way by picking a suit with slits that actually flatter your figure, like the ones that add extra curve appeal to Irish blogger Anouska’s one-piece.
7. @colormecourtney: Spring break’s hottest bathing suit colors are, quite surprisingly, black and white. NYC blogger Courtney shows you can still have fun in the sun sticking to this simple color palette (though it definitely helps if you bring a donut float along).
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)