When you’re on the go, you need a snack that will keep up with your on-the-run lifestyle, and that’s why we’ve compiled a list of high-protein eats. Each snack has at least 10 grams of protein that will help you power through your congested commute to the office (or is that just us?), lunch dates, and after-work cocktails. Not to mention, many of them are gluten-free and are low in sugar. Keep reading below to find the protein snack you didn’t know you needed (or existed for that matter).
1. RxBar Whole Food Protein Bar, Chocolate Sea Salt ($24): Who says you can’t have a touch of decadence in a simple package? This chocolate sea salt protein bar is the perfect after-workout snack since it packs 12 grams of protein thanks to three egg whites.
2. Quest Nutrition Protein Bar, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ($24): By now, you know that cookie dough tastes just as good in recipes that are not cookies. That’s why we were so thrilled to see this flavor protein bar with real chocolate chips. These gluten-free bars are made with just one gram of sugar with 14 solid grains of fiber and include heart-healthy almonds, and did we mention real chocolate?
3. Know Better Cookies, Cinnamon ($10): It’s like the saying goes, “When you know better, you do better.” The same is true for these grain-free, gluten-free, and non-GMO cookies. You can bet they are packed full of flavor and 18 grams of protein thanks to the plant-based ingredients including almonds, coconuts, flax, and chia seeds.
4. FlapJacked Mighty Muffin, Gluten-Free Mixed Variety ($19): Get jacked with these to-go muffins in a cup. Each of the flavors, including cinnamon apple, maple pumpkin, peanut butter, chocolate peanut butter, double chocolate, and s’mores, pack 20 grams of protein.
5. Turkey Perky Jerky, Variety Pack ($23): There is no mystery meat in this package resulting in tender and all-natural jerky that contains 10 grams of protein.
6. Kay’s Protein Pretzel Snacks, Cinnamon Toast ($7): Your lunch snack baggies are about to get a lot more interesting with these cinnamon toast pretzel sticks with 12 grams of protein and four grams of fiber. Are we the only ones thinking about an upgraded party mix?
7. Quest Protein Chips, BBQ ($17): There’s no need to restrain yourself around an open bag of these Quest protein chips. That’s because these soy, gluten, and potato-free chips are made with 21 grams of protein while remaining low carb.
What’s your go to high-protein snack when you’re on the go? Let us know @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.