13 Junk Food Staples That Are Totally Gluten-Free
New Year’s Eve came and went and we all welcomed 2015 with our arms wide and our resolutions aggressive. “I’m totally going to cut out gluten,” you told all your friends. It was a great resolution to make — except now you can’t eat croissants, bagels or cupcakes. Fear not. There are still plenty of delicious sweets and snacks you can eat and stick to your resolution. Sure, eating candy probably wasn’t the goal of your resolution. But it’s nice to know you can, right?
1. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups: No diet that includes Reese’s can be that hard. This is basically the gluten-free lifestyle’s way of reminding you that there’s still something to live for.
2. Sriracha Kettle Chips: They’re the best flavor of these delish potato chips. Salt ‘n Vinegar is still fair game too. Just be sure to watch out for BBQ.
3. Snickers: Hungry and desperately looking for a quick chocolate fix? Snickers will satisfy that craving, no gluten consumption required.
4. Pirate’s Booty: What’s a reality TV marathon without some popcorn? Movie night is still rad, thanks to this healthy popcorn.
5. Cherry Pie Larabars: It tastes like cherry pie (for reals) and is made with cherries, dates and no gluten whatsoever.
6. Capello’s Cookie Dough: No need to give up warm cookies and milk. Capellos has got you covered. Bonus: This isn’t just gluten free — it’s grain free AND dairy free too.
7. Almond Joy: This and Mounds Bars are totally still fair game. Because sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don’t. Either way, you never have to feel that gluten-y bloat.
8. Sour Patch Kids: Step one: Go to the movies. Step two: Buy your customary box of Sour Patch Kids. Step three: Celebrate that you can still have the best movie theater candy.
9. Toblerone: Want to look classy while still eating candy you can find at Walgreens? You can keep it gluten free, thanks to Toblerone.
10. Glutino Chocolate Covered Pretzels: Crunchy, sweet and salty: This is one of the best ways to remind yourself that going gluten free doesn’t mean giving up on comfort food.
11. Ben & Jerry’s Hazed and Confused Ice Cream: Of course, Ben & Jerry’s has our gluten-free backs. Basically all their ice creams that don’t have dough in them are still good to go.
12. Cheetos: Yes, it’s true. We were excited too. Cheetos aren’t processed in places where other gluten products are made, so they’re safe even for celiac consumption.
What gluten-free snack will you indulge in first? Tell us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)