12 Sugar-Free Dessert Recipes That Definitely Don’t Skimp on Flavor
For many of us, 2018 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2019! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January and February for new ideas, hacks, and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year's resolutions.
No disrespect to Mary Poppins, but a spoonful of sugar is the last thing we need. In the age of the paleo, keto, and low-carb diets, refined sugars are a big no-no. There are tons of amazing sugar-free desserts out there that won't make you miss the sweetener one bit. Check out these delectable dessert recipes that will have you saying buh-bye to sugar, and hello to flavor instead.
2. Sugar-Free Strawberry Pretzel Salad: This vintage dessert pairs sugar-free Jell-O and cream cheese, with salty pretzels adding a buttery crunch to each spoonful. (via The Cookie Rookie)
3. Sugar-Free Flourless Cookies With Almond Flour and Flaxseed: Crunchy holiday cookies sweetened with monkfruit and stevia will hit the spot as your after-dinner sweet. (via Kalyn's Kitchen)
4. Sugar-Free Pecan Crescent Cookies: Buttery, crumbly pecan cookies made with almond and coconut flours will give you the cookie flavor you crave without having a sugar crash later in the day. (via All Day I Dream About Food)
5. Almond Flour Fig Cake: Sticky sweet honey flavors this almond-based cake instead of refined sugar. You can also use maple syrup or agave. (via Sunkissed Kitchen)
6. Pistachio Chocolate Blondies: Coconut sugar adds a caramelized depth of flavor to these blondies that white sugar could never compete with. (via Full of Plants)
7. Gluten-Free Sugar-Free Keto Chocolate Cake: Silky ganache covers moist chocolate cake in this keto dessert recipe. Use coffee in the recipe instead of water if you want a stronger cocoa flavor. (via Savory Tooth)
8. Sugar-Free Nutella Thumbprint Cookies: The bonus of this recipe made with a low-carb almond flour dough? You'll have some tasty homemade chocolate-hazelnut-macadamia spread left over after adding it to your cookies to snack on. (via Primavera Kitchen)
9. Vegan Coconut Snowball Cookies: Shredded coconut and aquafaba (chickpea brine) are the base of these chewy cookies, which are held together with cornstarch and sweetened with just a touch of maple syrup. (via Minimalist Baker)
10. Keto Sticky Toffee Pudding: Moist, decadent sticky toffee pudding relies on almond flour and yacón syrup in this Instant Pot cake, then drizzled with a keto, sugar-free toffee sauce. (via All Day I Dream About Food)
11. Keto Pignoli Cookies: Pine nuts add richness and healthy fat to this traditional Italian cookie made keto. (via I Breathe I'm Hungry)
12. Salted Caramel Ginger Pot De Creme: Luscious salted caramel pots de creme laced with ginger are a company-worthy dessert that we totally won't blame you for keeping for yourself. Sweet'N Low in browned butter is what gives it a caramel flavor. (via Hungry Couple NYC)
What are your favorite sugar-free desserts? Which of these treats are you excited to make? Share your favorites on Pinterest.
(With additional reporting by Justina Huddleston)
- 19 Grain-Free *Date* Cakes to Crush Your Clean-Eating Cravings ... ›
- 20 Healthy Birthday Cake Alternative Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 13 Thanksgiving Desserts You Won't Believe Are Healthy - Brit + Co ›
- 21 *Sweet* Beet Recipes That Will Make You Forget Your Pumpkin ... ›
- How to Make a Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Confetti Cake That ... ›
- Sugar-Free Desserts and Fruit Salads - Brit + Co ›
- 5 Things We’re Baking Right Now - Brit + Co ›
- 36 Super Easy Dessert Recipes Made With 5 Ingredients or Less - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Easy Diabetic-Friendly Recipes to Try This Summer - Brit + Co ›
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)