Trader Joe’s has a whole host of Keto-friendly snacks that will make your life a whole lot easier. Whether you’re already well-versed in the Keto lifestyle or new to this diet, it can be hard to determine what’s a go and what’s a no. Especially when it comes to snacks, which generally come in pretty packages that hide copious amounts of sugar and unexpected carbs. Although we always want to be vigilant about our purchases, with busy lives, hectic work schedules, and kids in tow, sometimes you just need someone to tell you what you can buy. That’s why we’ve pulled together 10 of our favorite snacks from Trader Joe’s that are totally Keto.
1. Parsnip Chips ($3): Just like potatoes, parsnips are root vegetables that lend themselves well to being baked into delicious crisps. TJ’s then adds a sprinkle of salt to round out the earthy flavors and give you a bag full of excellent snackage.
2. Seaweed Snacks ($3): When you’re craving chips but not the carbs, opt for a packet of seaweed snacks. Dried and roasted with organic sesame and sunflower oils and flavored with a gluten-free teriyaki seasoning, these little strips from the sea give you that satisfying crunch you’re feening for.
3. Oven Baked Cheese Bites ($2): Perfectly portable and surprisingly versatile, these cheese bites are a snack dream come true. Toss some on a salad for texture or stick them in a sandwich just like you did with potato chips when you were a kid.
4. Sardines ($2): Without any herbs or seasoning, these little fish make a great treat either by themselves, on a salad, or blended into a sauce. For snacking while you’re out and about, we recommend draining them before you leave the house to avoid messes.
5. Marcona Almonds ($6): Nuts are always a safe bet when you need a filling protein during your mid-afternoon slump. These roasted and salted ones are even better because they’re seasoned with rosemary, which gives them a hint of Mediterranean flavor.
6. Organic Pitted Kalamon Olives ($3): Who doesn’t love luxuriously reclining and popping some of Greece’s finest brined delights? The only downside to this pastime is chomping down on an olive pit. Thankfully, Trader Joe’s offers pitted olives to make your snack sesh that much more enjoyable.
7. Thai Chili Almonds ($13): Almonds are a go-to snack staple. But you don’t want to keep eating the same ones, so spice things up (literally) with Trader Joe’s Thai chili and lime almonds that have a little kick with each mouthful you crunch.
8. Chomps Snack Sticks ($11, pack of five): For meat lovers, snack time just got a whole lot tastier. These meat sticks come in four flavors and are made entirely out of free-range beef and venison. The best part is that they’re not greasy so you won’t have to worry if you’re eating them on the go (which we know you will be).
9. Creamy Toscano Cheese Soaked in Syrah ($4): This cheese is not only Keto and delicious but it’s also a crowd-pleaser. So grab a bunch and share with your pals.
10. Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip ($3): This Keto-friendly dip is packed with shredded cheddar cheese and crispy bits of applewood smoked bacon; make sure you have plenty of sliced vegetables on hand for dipping!
Did we miss any Keto snacks from Trader Joe’s? Show us what we need to put on our shopping list ASAP @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Trader Joe’s, Exploring Trader Joe’s, Pinterest, Amazon, Chomps)