The 5 Best Wedding Gifts Most People Leave Off Their Registry
You spent months planning a stylish wedding, sending gorgeous invites, and treating guests to the ultimate sweets wall. Now that the knot is tied, it’s time to move onto the fun part — opening registry gifts with your partner! Even if you finally scored a KitchenAid or Instant Pot you’ve been eyeing for months, there are bound to be a few items that didn’t make the cut. Below, the most popular post-wedding purchases, according to Wayfair’s registry data. Scroll on for some must-haves you didn’t know you needed.
1. Plants: Greenery is a quick way to fill empty corners, improve air quality, and incorporate minimalist vibes into your shared space. But Wayfair registry data reveals that greens are frequently not requested. Consider shopping for faux plants and accessories, like the Bungalow Rose Geometric Planter ($22), as gorgeous and budget-friendly late adds. (PS They require little to no maintenance!)
2. Wall Decor: It’s common for couples to think of big furnishings when they’re scanning, but when all is said and done, the small details can easily go amiss. Items like the Mistana Wall Hanging ($140), a gold-rimmed mirror, or an abstract piece of wall art breathe new life into a home and make it feel complete. How about that for a change of pace in presents?
3. Home Improvement: Whether you’re shacking up for the first time or elevating your communal digs, Wayfair data shows that couples are customizing their homes now more than ever. Products like new cabinet handles or statement shelving, like the Loon Peak Wall Shelf Set ($297), enhance the look and feel of a place. Not to mention, they are a quick and easy way to make a deluxe upgrade.
4. Lighting: When it comes to lighting, cool fixtures shouldn’t be an afterthought. *Especially* when they can serve as a major focal point in a room. According to the retailer, soon-to-be-newlyweds are shopping for accessories like an eclectic chandelier or modern floor lamp more frequently. One look at the stunning Trent Austin Design Antonie Sputnik Chandelier ($262) and you’ll see why this — or other pendants — need to make it on your list.
5. Design Services: According to Wayfair registry data, couples are focused more than ever on updating their homes. Yet when it comes to combining decor styles with your S.O., it can be difficult to navigate alone. Consider investing in a fund for an interior designer, or turn to an online resource like Design Services or Homepolish, where you can do everything from concepting to product picks from your computer. (You’ll thank us later for this one!)
What are you registering for? Is there anything we’re forgetting? Tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Images via Wayfair)