The Cutest Winter + Holiday Engagement Announcement Ideas
It’s engagement season, which means it’s the time your Facebook feed becomes flooded with winter engagement photos. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with joining in on the holiday cheer and having your heart warmed by the the look of love apparent on your friends’ faces. Seriously though, there’s just something about cozy winter and holiday engagement photos that have us heart-eyed. Whether you’re looking to plan your e-session or just love all things wedding, here are the best winter and holiday engagement announcement ideas this season!
2. Miss Mistletoe: If PDA sounds a little much, opt for a more subdued approach that still incorporates mistletoe ;) Tie a bright red ribbon around the sprig and paint your nails to match! (via Love & Light Photographs / Style Me Pretty)
3. Chalkboard Mugs: What better way to proclaim your love for one another than with chalkboard mugs? Add a cozy plaid throw and a vintage wood toboggan, and you’ve got yourself the *perfect* winter wonderland photo op. (via Imago Dei Photography / Hey Wedding Lady)
4. Sweater Weather: Talk about adorable engagement announcement photos. This picture-perfect moment also captures this couple’s surprise proposal, when their precious one-year-old helped Dad propose to Mom. (via Gilded Light Photography / Style Me Pretty)
5. Candy Cane Heart: Stir up those romantic vibes by forming a heart out of candy canes. The *sweet* gesture will not only capture the festive holiday spirit, but also the love you hold for one another. (via Captured by Corrin / Savvy Deets Bridal)
6. Ornament: Say it loud and proud without actually doing any talking at all. All you need to pull off this cheeky announcement idea is a festive ornament and a white marker — and some calligraphy skills wouldn’t hurt ;)
7. Christmas Tree: This present may not have come wrapped underneath your Christmas tree, but we’re betting it’s the best one you’ve received yet! Snap a pic of your new bling against the backdrop of your twinkling Christmas tree.
9. Adventurers in Love: If you and the boo share a love for all things adventure, share your special moment doing something you love. Take this couple’s trek in the wintry landscape as inspo!
10. Holiday-InspiredNail Art: If you’re all about nail art, this engagement announcement idea is just for you. Decorate those nails to complement your rock and share your good news with the world!
11. Ring Around the Sprig: You can’t go wrong with a classy ring shot. This bride-to-be did it best by slipping her sparkler around a Christmas tree sprig. (via Living Radiant)
12. Show It Off: There’s no shame in wanting to show off your newest stunner. Of course, having bae in the back showing off works too ;)
13. Snowy Heart: Writing both your names in a heart is so eighth grade, and it’s *actually* super adorable. Throw it back to your middle school days with this cute announcement idea. (via Joanna Lindsay)
14. Holding an Ornament: If an ornament alone seems too impersonal, opt for a photo that shows you and the beau kissing in the blurry background. It’s cute, classy and creative all in one!
15. Follow Me: You’d follow your S.O. wherever they’d go. Share this sentiment with a meaningful snap that also showcases the ring.
16. StarbucksLovers: Taylor Swift had us going with those misheard lyrics, but who can blame her? There’s definitely a catchy *ring* to it.
17. Pajamas and Coffee Mugs: There are few things cuter or comfier than twinning with your S.O. in PJs and matching mugs. Unless, of course, they’re mugs emblazoned with your special announcement! (via J&D Photography)
Can’t get enough of adorable engagement shots? Check us out on Pinterest for more cute and creative wedding inspo.