15 Ideas for Oh-So-Cozy Winter Engagement Photos
Happy engagement season! Since Thanksgiving, couples have been getting engaged left and right (and all over Facebook). And that means it’s time to start thinking about a sweet engagement session. While you could wait until summer to have them taken, we love the look of cozy engagement photos shot in the colder months of the year. So grab a cup of hot cocoa and get inspiration for your own cozy engagement photos below.
1. Play in the Snow: Doing a winter activity like ice skating, sledding, or just having a snowball fight adds a majorly playful vibe to your pictures. (Bonus: you’ll have the kind of healthy glow you just can’t fake with makeup!)
2. Bundle Up Beachside: Another cozy couple who proves that you don’t have to have snow to create a wintery vibe. We love the way the red accessories pop against the softer tones in these photos.
3. Let Your Love Keep You Warm: Festive formal attire adds an unexpected touch to outdoor photos… and despite the fact that the bride isn’t wearing a jacket, she doesn’t look the slightest bit chilly!
4. Go Mad for Plaid: Turn a spring or summer engagement session into a Christmas card opportunity with plaid and knit details and pine cone accents.
5. Get Cabin Fever: A secluded location provided the breathtaking backdrop for this cozy engagement session. Search airbnb to find the perfect weekend getaway near you, and then plan a mini road trip with your love and your photographer.
6. Take it Easy: These engagement photos seem so natural; the couple is wearing regular weekend clothes and using minimal props. It looks less staged and more like a normal winter day (albeit one with perfect lighting).
7. Perform a Hat Trick: Knitted caps = instant coziness. And we love the way their outfits and accessories coordinate without being overly matchy.
8. Fake Flakes: Couples in warmer climates, take note! These two used faux snow (and the coolest vintage trailer!) to add a wintry touch to their session.
9. Take It Inside: Fluffy pillows, comfy jammies, and breakfast in bed make for a lovely Lazy Sunday shoot. (Hint: shoot in a hotel with great lighting and a decor style that matches your aesthetic!)
10. Have a Snow Day: It’s amazing how a fresh blanket of snow can make a grey day look so incredibly romantic — we doubt anyone would look this relaxed and happy on a rainy summer day.
11. Sweater Together: Let’s be honest: this bride’s adorable sweater is part of why these photos are so great! Look for a an-old school pattern to get the same nostalgic effect.
12. Make a Blanket Statement: These photos manage to be both cool and warm at the same time, thanks to cozy blankets in an icy color palette. We especially love the mix of patterns and textures here!
13. Bedded Bliss: “Pinch me, I must be dreaming” is right! That bed is so idyllic and the shot of their toes adds even more romance.
14. Bring It Home: This couple was photographed at their apartment (which just so happens to be next door to a donut shop). Something as simple as going about your daily routine can lead to amazing photos.
15. Snowy Romance: And finally, a throwback to Brit + Co. founder Brit Morin’s very own engagement photos! These were taken in Jackson Hole, where she and her husband Dave got married the following summer. So sweet!
Credits: 1. Bryce Covey on Snippet and Ink 2. Lovisa Photo on Inspired By This 3. Michael Radford Photography on Inspired By This 4. Erica Schneider on Inspired by This 5. Stephanie on Saltwater Studios 6. Laura Murray Photography on Bridal Musings 7. Blue Colibri on The Brides Cafe 8. Valorie Darling on Life in the Sunset 9. Katherine O’Brien 10. Alyssa Wilcox Photography on Polka Dot Bride 11. Arielle Elise Photography on Perfect Bound 12. Vicki Grafton Photography on The Brides Cafe 13. Elizabeth Messina on Kiss The Groom 14. Ashley Kelemen Photography on Inspired by This
Did you or someone you know get engaged recently? Talk to us in the comments below.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.