Beyoncé’s Bridal Jumpsuit + 12 Wedding-Worthy One-Pieces
Now there are three once-in-a-lifetime moments you can experience that involve Beyoncé. One: Adding #putaringonit at the bottom of your engagement ring selfie (congrats!!). Two: Attending her + Jay Z’s incomparable On the Run tour (Did you go?? Was it everything??). And now three: Bey being your bridal wear muse. As seen on her Instagram account, one of Mrs. Carter’s glittering costume changes at the show includes a romantic, all-white getup, but it’s not the kind of wedding garb you’d guess.
What stunned on stage didn’t look like the sheer lace Michael Costello gown she wore to this year’s Grammys nor did it resemble the dress she wore to her own nuptials in 2008. Instead Bey rocked a white long-sleeved jumpsuit + floor-length veil that had us dreaming up alternate inspiration for what to wear down the aisle — and here it is! Scroll through to peep the same one-piece Beyoncé wears on stage plus 12 more elegant jumpsuits for modern brides who just can’t say “yes” to a dress.
1. Elie Saab Long-Sleeve Lace-Embellished Jumpsuit Jasmine White ($8,200): The jumpsuit fit for music royalty definitely has the price tag to match. But still, we’re obsessed with its Chantilly lacy yoke, sweetheart neckline and flattering, form-hugging fit that, as Bey demonstrates, guarantees you can drop it on the reception dance floor.
2. Lihi Hod Bridal Jumpsuit (price unknown): A lacey cami + perfectly tailored trousers = a jumpsuit match made in heaven.
3. Giambattista Valli White Embroidered Lace Jumpsuit ($1,346): This all-over lace jumpsuit is about as dreamy as one-pieces come. Slim-cut trousers make the look unmistakably modern but still totally romantic.
4. Alythea Jumpsuit ($78): We love the way the wide-leg trousers mimic the full-skirt of a glamorous gown. Even the back cutout and crossing straps are seriously classy.
5. Kozia Scalloped Detail Strappy Jumpsuit ($52): This champagne-colored jumpsuit is too adorable. Its scalloped hem adds a flirty detail to the sophisticated silhouette.
6. J.Crew Eyelash Lace Jumpsuit ($750): It was love at first sight with J.Crew’s near-perfect answer to alternative bridal wear. And we still <3 the tastefully plunging neckline and those delicate lace sleeves all these months later.
7. Elie Saab Jasmine Twist Knot Jumpsuit ($2,700): Full-coverage without being fussy? It just might be the reason that makes you splurge on this knotted one-piece for your Big Day.
8. Topshop Strappy Low Back Jumpsuit ($100): We’re swooning hard over this ethereal jumpsuit. We just love how the simple tie in the front mimics the thin straps that take the back to a super posh level.
9. Rachel Zoe Rayder Jumpsuit ($395): This time around, it might not be the groom who gets complimented on his perfectly tailored suit! With a sweeping lapel and thick waistband, this menswear-inspired one-piece is everything.
10. Philosophy Jumpsuit ($447): The sheer crescent panels on the bust add smokin’ detail to this wedding-ready wide-legged jumpsuit proving that yes, one-pieces can be way sexy.
11. Luisa Beccaria Lace & Stretch Crepe Jumpsuit ($2,082): Luxe crepe drapes from shoulder to toe on this dreamy jumpsuit. The simple lace trim and sash add just the right amount of detail.
12. 3.1 Phillip Lim Ivory Satin Crepe Jumpsuit ($285): When the bling on your finger just won’t cut it, leave it to the embellished neckline of this so-chic jumpsuit to amp up your “I Do” outfit.
13. Rare London Cream and Gold Lace Top Jumpsuit ($94): Gold lace adds an extra element of glamour that all-white versions just cannot. Stitched to cream trousers, it creates a totally wow-worthy look.
Would you ever wear a jumpsuit on your wedding day? Did you? If so, what styling tips do you have for rocking a one-piece down the aisle? Tell us in the comments below.