They always send you a card on your birthday. They got iPhones just to see their granddaughter more often. Every time they pop into your head, you unconsciously sigh awwwwww. The backbone of the family, your grandparents dish out a lot of love to you. So it’s only fitting that every year, you send them gifts that say, Sorry I never call, but I’m thinking of you. From mementos to baking sets to beekeeping kits, here’s a list of gift ideas — just in time for Grandparents Day — that will make you the most thoughtful grandchild in the family.
1. Urban Outfitters Amelia Glass Display Frame ($10): Whether your grandparents constantly reminisce over photos from your childhood, or want to bask in the excitement of new memories (that they’re not seeing on your Facebook page), this photo frame will keep them thinking about you in between visits.
2. Williams-Sonoma Lattice Piecrust Cutter ($20): If eating Yaya’s pie is your favorite part of visiting, this gift will add extra love to her pie-making process. A pie crust cutter will have your entire family reaping the benefits of a homemade pie.
3. Mar Y Sol Tulum Tote ($139): Perhaps Grandma gifted you an absolute gorgeous blanket from her last trip to Mexico; isn’t this the perfect counter-gift to her gift? It might even inspire her to take another exotic trip. (Cross your fingers that she’ll invite you this time!)
4. CALPAK Ambeur Two-Piece Spinner Luggage Set ($285): Speaking of vacation, don’t let clunky luggage slow your grandparents down! Have them jet-setting with ease with nifty suitcases on wheels.
5. Williams-Sonoma Backyard Beehive ($340): If your grandparents have time on their hands, perhaps they’ll appreciate an environmental project that will require the same amount of dedication and love they have invested in you. Raising bees will add excitement to their routine and reward the whole family with bounties of raw honey, which can be used for cooking or beauty purposes.
6. Perky-Pet Wild Bird Feeder ($20): Imagine your grandparents spending the afternoon reading on the porch, breathing in the fresh air, and listening to the birds tweedle-dee from a nearby tree. Bonus: This gift requires a lot less effort than beekeeping.
7. MrsBestCo Custom Family Portrait ($40+): If visits with Grams and Gramps are slim, send a thoughtful gift that reminds them you’re the grandchild they love the most (sorry, not sorry, cousin Bobby). This customized portrait guarantees everyone in the family will be smiling.
8. TheRealReal Leather Photo Album ($65): After years of research, interviewing your family, and saving special photos from newspapers and yearbooks, it’s ready: This photo album is the perfect home for your family research project. Lola and Lolo will adore your hard work and leave this colorful, leather-bound album on the coffee table.
9. GAMAGO Kitty Silicone Egg Mold ($10): Did your love of cats blossom during visits to your grandparents’ house? Do Nana and Papa love to feed the neighborhood cats? No matter what their connection to cats is, they will get a kick out of this cat-tastic kitchen tool.
10. Housemate Artist Folk Floral Embossing Rolling Pin ($33): One family tradition that never fails to give us warm, fuzzy feelings is a baking session with Grandma and Grandpa. Everyone has a very important role — Grandma does all the work, you eat the dough, and Grandpa taste tests the results.
11. Nordstrom Rack Neon Mini Utensil Set ($25): You’re never too old to appreciate neon colors. Keep your grandparents on top of the trends by adding a splash of color to their kitchen.
12. OXO 14-Piece Bake, Serve, and Store Set ($70): How many times has Bubbe sent you home with leftovers and you’ve accidentally forgotten to return her vintage Pyrex? This gift is the perfect distraction from her attempts to reclaim the ceramic nesting bowls you’ve been stowing secretly.
13. Fox Run Clamp-on Apple Machine ($32): Apple season is a blessing and a burden. We love all of Oma’s apple recipes: apple pie, apple jam, apple cinnamon rolls, and apple fritters. But peeling apples is a lot of work, especially at Grandma’s age. Let this throwback kitchen tool expedite the apple cooking.
14. KitchenAid Mixer ($350+): Maybe theirs was lost in a move or was claimed by another family member. No matter the case, if your grandparents don’t already have this kitchen staple, they will thank you with happy tears for gifting them one.
16. Tuckernick Packable Sunhat ($60): Whether Nana ventures to the park, the beach, or a BBQ at your place, this perfectly packable hat will keep her skin safe from the sun.
17. Kendra Scott Pendant Necklace ($55): If diamonds are a girl’s best friend, then necklaces gifted from your granddaughter are a grandmother’s greatest treasure.
18. Fitbit Fitness Super Watch ($200): Gramps might be retired, but he knows how to thrive. If Grandpa is taking his daily walks, gift him this step-counting device. Sync your Fitbits and start a step competition — loser does the dishes next Thanksgiving dinner.
20. Mr. Porter Shearling-Lined Wool Slippers ($85): No matter what age you are, cold feet are no fun. Gifting Pépé these striped slippers will keep him toasty on lazy days.
Always searching for the perfect give to give family, friends, and loved ones? Follow us on Pinterest for more thoughtful gift ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.