14 Black and White Interview Outfits to Land the Job
Think black and white looks are a one-way ticket to snoozeville? Think again. With summer coming to a close and interview season picking up, we’re scoping out chic office-appropriate looks that have just the right amount of edge to make you stand out from the pack. While we recommend keeping in line with workplace dress codes, we also think adding a dose of dalmatian print here + a pair of snazzy heels there never hurt anyone.
Here are 14 ultra-stylish and super easy-to-recreate black and white looks that will garner some serious attention in the best possible way… in and out of the office.
1. Mix Master: When done right, mixing black and white prints can really amp up an otherwise plain Jane look. We love the unexpected mix of dalmatian, geometric and palm prints. It’s daring, but classy. (via Who What Wear)
2. #GirlBoss: This white pencil skirt ($78) and court heel duo scream boss lady. Add a checkered blazer, tousled locks and those chic cat-eye sunnies, and you’ll be a treat for those street-style shutterbugs. (via Caroline’s Mode)
3. Got Gingham?: A subtle cut-out, mixed gingham, a bright yellow bag and leather paneled jackets — Hanneli Mustaparta sure knows how to take her office look to the next level. For a subtle fall-appropriate take on this outfit, try this gingham pencil skirt ($48) with a crisp white blouse, and don’t forget this chic yellow clutch ($250). (via Business Lady)
4. Casual Luxe: Edge up your basic black blouse and coat combo with a pair of diamond-print trousers ($298). Not only are these a standout interview piece (we guarantee you’ll get a compliment), but they’re also great paired with a graphic tee on your off-duty days. (via The Classy Cubicle)
5. Sexy Does It: Okay, we agree this dress is a wee risque with the low-cut top and all, so we suggest adding a couple of buttons. Top it off with a cropped blazer and attention-grabbing accessories like these killer heels ($168)! (via The Zoe Report)
6. All White: Forget what the masses say about wearing white after Labor Day. Rock it, girl. We love this simple high-neck dress ($1,400) paired with a neon clutch. Wear this, and you’ve got the job. Trust us. (via ELLE)
8. Like an Editor: Take a cue from street style darling Christine Centenera, in her too-cool-for-the-office look. From her chunky bling ($83) to her pocketed pencil skirt ($60), this is one daring look you have to recreate. (via Fashion Inspiration Blog)
10. Put a Bow on It: Jerry Seinfeld might have something against big, ruffled shirts but we don’t. Balance out your frilly blouse ($35) with cigarette pants and mega heels for a modern twist. (via Habitually Chic)
11. Borrowing from the Boys: A little touch of masculinity can go a long way, especially when balanced with a messy chignon and poppin’ pants. While we don’t recommend the sexy cut-out top, we think this silky blouse ($275) will come in handy. (via Refinery29)
12. Top it Off: Ah, the camel coat ($99). It’s the perfect topper when the temperature starts to dip. We love how it balances out this playful high-neck shift dress and bold tortoiseshell sunnies. (via Pop Sugar)
13. Pretty and Petite: Go on, have a little fun with your look. We’re obsessed with the business-savvy blogger’s touch of girly frill with her cropped jacket. And for all you petite ladies, remember to rock those power heels ($165). (via 9to5 Chic)
14. Chic Layers: Don’t think we left style superstar Olivia Palermo off our list. The street style fixture not only layers like a pro, but she manages to look office-ready even when bundled up. To mimic her look try a windowpane-print skirt ($78) and day-to-night ankle booties ($60). (via Vogue)
Feeling confident enough to try jazzing up your black and white suit? Have a styling question? Ask us in the comments!