So, you’re engaged. Or maybe you’re, ahem, an engagement ring dreamer. When it comes to choosing the one — the ring, that is — it’s okay to be choosy. We’re calling in all our ring-obsessed friends to take a look at some impossibly beautiful alternative engagement rings. If you can visualize something a bit more unique than the classic band combo for your big day, check out these sparkly and edgy non-traditional black-diamond rings.
1. ‘Lumiere’ Diamond Midi Ring ($440): This delicate charmer is sleek, stylish and unassumingly gorgeous. We want one, like, yesterday.
2. Black Gold Black Round-Cut Diamond Ring ($1,000): At first glance, this black beauty might appear to mimic the traditional style. But don’t be fooled. It’s anything but ordinary. Besides, black diamonds totally trump white ones in terms of style. There, we said it.
3. Paloma’s Sugar Stacks Ring ($3,650): This is one serious sparkler. Why settle for a single diamond when you can have a dazzling bon-bon-inspired pave design like this one?
4. Khai Khai Zigzag Arrow Ring ($750): Think outside the box with a whisper-thin arrow ring. Now might be the time to drop a few hints to your fiance about how much you’re in love with the zigzag style.
5. Rose Cut Pear Shaped Diamond Ring ($1,440): Say yes to the pear-shaped diamond.
6. Double Black Diamond Ring ($448): Simply striking — it’s an alternative to the traditional wedding band without being too blingy.
7. Coral Black Diamond Ring ($1,890): This chunky coral design is a bold and trendy ring choice and a way to get a lot of ring for your buck.
8. Grey and Black Diamond “Nova Gris Pave” Ring ($4,000): A set of three linked bands creates an interesting play of design and textures. This one comes with a pretty price tag, too, but hey, a girl can dream, right?
9. Black Diamond Love Knot Ring ($2,530): This interwoven knot of sparkling diamonds is captivating. There’s no better way to tie the knot. ;)
10. Sterling Silver Ring With Rough Uncut Black Diamond ($65): The matte unfinished look gives this ring unexpected appeal. Remember: Simple never goes out of style.
11. Dainty Black Diamond Band ($415): Embrace a minimalistic band featuring three dainty black stones. It’s the perfect stacking ring.
12. Big Leaf Ring ($2,975): Are you lusting for a ring that’s a bit out of the box? Check out this absolutely stunning leaf motif. You can totally rock this rock.
13. Tiny Wheat Engagement Set ($3,700): Here’s a new take on the traditional solitaire + band.
14. Black Diamond Eternity Band ($2,430): Not into the classic center stone? One look at this bedazzled eternity band, and you’ll be enchanted.
15. Rose Gold Ring With Smokey Quartz Black Diamonds ($865): We can’t decide what we’re in love with more — that alluring smokey quartz center stone or the delicate black halo surrounding it.
16. Hexagon Black Diamond ($1,870): Go for the hexagon. A beautiful black diamond offers great contrast to the slightly worn-looking matte finish band.
17. Black Diamond T-Bar Ring ($375): Can we say just say that this is freakishly gorgeous? Definitely the most unconventional of the bunch, this t-bar style might raise some eyebrows, but you can be sure it will capture everyone’s attention.
Who else has a thing for black glittery bling? Tell us about your favorite non-traditional ring styles in the comments.