Blake Lively’s New Movie Is on Hold Indefinitely Following Her Hand Injury
Blake Lively’s upcoming movie The Rhythm Section suffered a setback in December when the actress injured her hand and production was put on pause for a few weeks. She returned to set in recent weeks, but it seems like it may have been too soon: The film is now reportedly on hold indefinitely.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Lively requires a second surgery on her hand. The stoppage sounds significant — THR says the production has entirely shut down and its crew has been advised to look for other work in the meantime.
While producers on the film confirmed the shutdown, no official details on timing have been provided. In a statement to THR, producers said simply: “Hiatus on the production of The Rhythm Section has been extended due to the hand injury Blake Lively sustained while filming an action sequence on the action thriller at the end of last year.”
Just days ago, Lively posted an update from set. The photo showed what appears to be a protective wrap around her wrist and hand, but her update made no mention of the injury.
The spy thriller has so far seen Lively — who plays a woman going undercover to search for the truth about the death of her family — undergo several costume transformations that rendered her nearly unrecognizable. We’ve seen her in tattered clothing with short, dirty-blonde hair, with a choppy brunette pixie cut, and, in Lively’s latest photo, a glamorous red wig with blunt bangs.
The Rhythm Section was originally due to be released on February 22, 2019.
Were you looking forward to Blake Lively’s new movie? Let us know @BritandCo.
(photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for Michael Kors)