This one’s for all the free spirits of the world, for the champions of that eclectic style that is boho. Bohemian designs range from laid-back to glamorous. And when it comes to the details for your special day (we’re talking stunning ceremony backdrops, table cards and wedding favors), an overall vibe or theme helps to plan the party. If you’re all about a rustic, unconventional look, here are 14 boho wedding essentials to inspire your big day.
1. Jewel Tone and/or Handwriting-Print Invites: Jewel tones, handwriting and a little crochet — take a good look. There’s a lot of detail to absorb here. (via The Knot)
2. Rug Aisle Runner: Whether walking down the aisle in heels or barefoot, this runner provides an eclectic and comfortable touch. (via White Magazine)
3. Organic Rustic Archway: As organic as your love for one another, this archway with curtains is beautiful, rustic and has major DIY potential. (via Style Me Pretty)
4. Non-Matching Bridesmaid Dresses: These beautiful bridesmaids rock the jewel tones and tie it all together with neutral shoes and lacy dresses. (via Hello May)
5. Floral Headpiece: Suitable for any hair length, flowers are the icing on the cake for a blooming bride. Try a few pinned into a braid or an entire flower crown. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
6. Unique Trinkets: Funk up your table setting with various trinkets such as little clocks, photo frames, vases, figurines, books, feathers and candles. (via Ruffled)
7. Feather Cake: White is classically elegant and the textured feathers act as a nod to your kindled free spirits. (via Ruffled)
8. DIY Floral Antler Centerpiece: The juxtaposition of romantic florals with rugged antlers can be sitting on your own reception tables if you follow this step-by-step tutorial. (via Dear Lizzy)
9. Down to Earth Menu: Handwritten menus give off a cozy personal feel. Look for recycled paper if you want an eco-friendly bonus, or check out plantable paper that grows into herbs and flowers! (via Paper and Lace)
10. Whimsical Wedding Dress: The tulle in this dress adds the perfect hint of playfulness. Anything touched by lace and flowy will help you achieve the look. (via Bridal Musings)
11. Wildflower Boutonniere: Gather some wildflowers and secure in twine. Try burlap, feathers or baby’s breath for a neutral color scheme. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
12. Flowing Hair: You’ve gotta rock loose waves for a carefree and beachy look. Add in a flowy dress that’s flattering and fun to dance in and some baby’s breath and you’re officially delicate yet boldly boho. (via Dust Jacket)
13. Goblets: Similar to the bridesmaids’ dresses, mismatched jewel-toned goblets act as a standout detail. You could even have the guests take their very own goblet home with them as a party favor. And twinkle lights? They’re a must whether the wedding is indoors or outdoors. (via Bluebird Vintage)
14. Seating Area: Are you seeing how much fun you can have with a boho wedding yet! Add a seating area with floor pillows, a wooden table, a teepee, faux furs and brightly colored flowers. Trust us, your friends will talk about it for the rest of your happily ever after. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
Are you having a boho wedding? Let us know which ideas you’ll be incorporating into your big day in the comments below.