Let’s be real — between uncomfortable underwires, figuring out which bra you need to wear with what dress and the less-than-thrilling shopping experience to track down the right fit, bras don’t always make it to the top of our can’t-live-without-it list, especially when the warm weather rolls around. But opting out isn’t always an option, which is exactly why we’re currently obsessing over bralettes. They serve up just as much panache as their classic, lace-trimmed counterparts, but they totally nail it in the comfort department too (even more so than your cutest sports bra). The best part? You can totally rock ’em solo.
Whether you choose to redefine a tried-and-true t-shirts and jeans routine or style one alongside a high-waisted pencil skirt for a date-night look that straight-up slays, the sartorial possibilities are endless. With that in mind, we’ve curated a list of bralettes so pretty you’ll want to put them on full display. Scroll on for 18 DDG styles that stun.
1. Nasty Gal Manuela Soutache Bustier ($148): This embellished bustier is EVERYTHING. Dotted with pearls and silvery studs, it’s guaranteed to turn heads. Toss it on with high-waisted jeans and flatform kicks for a GNO look that’s anything but average.
2. Victoria’s Secret Triangle Bralette ($30): Playful and pink, this bralette will fast become your go-to summer layering piece. Pop it under a sheer top or a relaxed-fit tank to add a punch of color to any laid-back look.
3. Madalynne for Out from Under Sierra Lace Wrap Bra ($49): Delicate lace gets a contemporary twist with a wrapped detail and halter neckline, forming a sleek silhouette that’s a little bit sweet and undeniably sexy. Whether you rock it solo on a lazy afternoon with a pleated maxi skirt or toss it under a favorite tee, there’s no way this stunner will disappoint.
4. Free People Lucia Halter Bralette ($128): This romantic bralette commands attention, so don’t even think about covering it up. Once the weekend rolls around, trade out your signature sweats and striped tee for this stunner and a pair of silky joggers for a just-chillin’ getup that will make jaws drop.
5. Nasty Gal Woodstock Forever Crochet Bra Top ($48): We’ve scouted the perfect free-wheelin’ bra you’ll be taking along to every music festival this season. Between the bright colors and crocheted look, it was practically made for bustin’ a move by the main stage. Chic round sunnies and cutoff shorts (unfortunately) not included.
6. Express One Eleven Cage Halter Bralette ($17): Cutaway details crush it (and so will your style) in this strappy bra. Play into its tough-girl vibes by styling it alongside a leather biker jacket and a raw-edge denim pencil skirt.
7. Free People One Eastern Fringe Bralette ($58): Tassel game strong. This ditsy floral top is the piece your capsule wardrobe has been missing. Skip the LBD for your next date night and toss it on with a white longline blazer, sleek choker and cropped flares. Trust us on this one.
8. Forever 21 Sheer High-Neck Bralette ($13): No ’90s-inspired ensemble is complete without a few funky florals, and that’s where this blossoming beauty comes in. Embrace the grunge-era aesthetic by layering on a plaid shirt and rolled-just-so boyfriend jeans. Bonus points for Dr. Martens and a velvet choker necklace.
9. Kimchi Blue Pull-On Lace Longline Bralette ($29): Bad days are impossible with this sunny yellow number on standby. The ladylike floral lace would make a pretty partner to button-front suede skirts and belted paperbag trousers alike for a swoon-inducing, after-hours #OOTD.
10. Topshop Corded Lace Bralette ($68): Oh, this old thing? Straight-up sartorial gold. Floral embroidery and a modern shape lend a sophisticated edge to this elegant bralette for a topper that can hold its own. Add a swipe of red hot lipstick and a pair of statement baubles for a knock-out look.
11. Lucy Love Ringleader Blue Tie-Dye Bralette ($36): With its tie-dye print and strappy detailing, this crazy comfy piece can clearly do no wrong. Let it peek out from a neon mesh tank for some major athleisure vibes.
12. Varley Terri Python Mesh Insert Bralette ($73): Whether you’re headed to the studio or killin’ it out on the dance floor, you’ll reach for this sassy style every single time. Rock it with leather-look joggers, a belted kimono jacket and a next-level tote for a getup that will take you well beyond your workout.
13. Band of Gypsies Lace Festival Crop Cami ($60): If a bare-it-all bralette isn’t exactly your thing, try this flouncy lace-trimmed fusion on for size. Paired with a French girl-approved skinny scarf, bright red lip and straw tote, consider this your uniform for the spring and summer seasons.
14. Lilipiache Summer Rose Bralette ($81): This flirty floral number will make you want to skip spring and head straight into summer. The siren-red accents deliver serious sex appeal while the delicate fleurs add elegance and grace. Bonus: Once fall and winter roll around, the warm weather will live on every time you rock this gorgeous bra.
15. Express One Eleven Mini Slash Back Bralette ($15): This pretty, pared-down bra is all about the party in the back. Fusing the femininity of lace and the sexiness of a sleek structure, it was practically made with the modern muse in mind. Pull hair back into a chic topknot and style this bralette alongside statement studs and printed high-waisted shorts for a laid-back barbecue bash. And don’t forget those statement shades. #sonecessary
16. Victoria’s Secret High-Neck Bralette ($35): Proof that less is more, this sheer lace bralette has its eyes on your everyday routine. While it might not be HR-approved, its street-style cred can’t be denied, especially when paired with suede jackets and raw-edge denim.
17. David Lerner Lace Front Bralette Top ($68): Not all lace is created equal, and that’s definitely true of this modern masterpiece. We’re going to go out on a limb here and say it’s Sporty Spice-approved — AKA you should snatch it up STAT.
18. Free People Chimera Fancy Bralette ($82): If you’re looking for a bra you can 100% pull off without a top, this one’s for you. The swoon-inducing lace and unique silhouette are a shoo-in for beach bonfires, date night and everything in between.
Follow us on Pinterest for more spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.