Sorry, plunging necklines, saucy cutouts, and high-cut bikini bottoms. The sexiest detail of summer 2017’s hottest swimwear is on the back. Keep scrolling for 12 scene-stealing swimsuits that stun from the back (and, yes, still look stylish from the front).
1. Mara Hoffman Cutout Bandeau One Piece ($225): Cheeky side cutouts, a bold starburst print, and a charming tie on the back? It must be our lucky day.
2. Aerie Piping One Piece Swimsuit ($47): We don’t typically play favorites, but how can you not when sweet scallop cutouts are in the mix? Between the robin’s egg hue and the elegant piping, it’s only a matter of time before you’re embarking on a Grecian holiday in Santorini.
3. Touche Colorblock One-Piece Swimsuit ($170): Epic color blocking, right this way. But that’s not all — we’re blown away by the effortlessly cool strappy back. We imagine Malibu Barbie would team this stunner alongside a baseball cap and pool slides for an afternoon spent cruising with the convertible top down.
4. Fuller Bust Swimsuit by Wolf & Whistle ($68): Make an entrance like whoa with this metallic swimsuit featuring a risque back that may tempt you to reach for some cage heels and denim cutoffs for an upcoming GNO.
5. Free People Messier One-Piece Swimsuit ($215): Itty-bitty bikini, you’ve been replaced. Let it be known: There’s nothing matronly about this noir one-piece with a DDG lace-up back.
6. Samantha Pleet Puck Swimsuit in Cantaloupe ($149): Ballerina-inspired swimwear is still going strong, and we don’t hate it. File this plié-worthy ruffled suit under what to wear for a spa weekend with the girls.
7. Revel Rey Grace Jones White Palm One Piece ($130): Take it there — without causing too much of a stir by the kiddie pool — with this white haute one-piece featuring a mesh t-back silhouette. How’s that for some dramarama?
8. Araks Melika One Piece in Black ($335): You’ve seen one LBS (little black swimsuit) and you’ve seen ‘em all, right? WRONG. Exhibit A: This one-shoulder maillot, complete with a wow-worthy bow back, is guaranteed to pack major slayage by the pool or rooftop cocktail lounge.
9. J.Crew Open Back Short-Sleeve Swimsuit in Classic Stripe ($118): Skirt the line between sporty and sophisticated with this striped one-piece that calls for a game of pick-up volleyball on the beach. The peekaboo open back will have you more than covered for a stint in the Hamptons (Fourth of July weekend, perhaps?).
10. Fifth Position Alicia Swimsuit Stripes ($142): Being color enthusiasts, we’re naturally obsessed with these candy-hued stripes. Throw in a slew of adjustable straps and we’re all in.
11. Jade Swim Apex One Piece ($198): Jump on the one-shoulder bandwagon with this after-hours-ready goldenrod swimsuit that proves less can equal so much more. The thin double back straps may be minimalist, but boy do they look Beyoncé-level fierce.
12. COS High Round-Neck Swimsuit ($49): Bring forth a summer of scandal with this unassuming navy swimsuit that’s business in the front and party in the back. Don’t let the high-neck fool ya — the crossover straps provide more than enough drama.
Which of these traffic-stopping swimsuits will you be snatching up this summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.