12 Unique “Something Blue” Ideas for Your Wedding
Whether you just got engaged or are in the midst of planning, your wedding day “something blue” is a fun addition not to be forgotten. Though it may only seem like a color for the bridal shower or a nautical-themed celebration, it’s definitely a fun “pop” to add to your day… or even to shade in the bigger parts of the celebration. Before you say “I Do,” read on for 12 awesome ways to incorporate something blue and keep your bridal bliss going strong.
2. Surround Your Guests in Blue: If not a good hue for you, shower your place settings with your favorite shade of blue. Bright hues are a beautiful spring backdrop, while navy is great for fall. Not to mention, you could always use the bridal color of the last few years and offspring of ’90s baby blue + ’00s cerulean (cue Devil Wears Prada): teal! (via Aly Carroll)
3. Druzy Earrings ($56): Probably your most obvious “something blue” option is a pair of cute studs. They’re sure to catch everyone’s eye, making you feel truly bridal.
5. Let Your Bridesmaids Take the Honor: Give your bridesmaids the honor of donning your “something blue” with their gorgeous gowns. (Hint: Blue tends to look great on all skins tones and hair colors.) (via One Fab Day)
7. “Later” Hue: Nobody said you had to be blue as you entered the chapel or walked down the aisle. Go blue at a later time of the day, and cover up with the most romantic and cuddly shade you can find. (via Jose Villa)
9. Sapphire ($28): Use statement jewelry to bring in the blue of your day.
10. Blues-y Florals: Your bouquet can be a range of your favorite blues. Check out what’s in season and go all-out or pop a few rad hues amongst the rest of your bridal colors. (Photographed by Sylvie Gil, floral design by Valley Flora)
11. Blues-y Undergarments ($50): Pick out gorgeous undergarments with a hint of blue detailing for the big day. Of course, only you, your newly-named spouse (and maybe some of your besties) will know, but that’s all you need!
12. Vintage Ringbearer Box ($18): This handmade creation is a sure way to bring in that single blue pop during your ceremony. The challenge: Find an awesome way to display it post-ceremony too.
Are you incorporating something blue in your wedding? Let us know in the comments below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.