17 Desk Accessories That Will Brighten Your Work Day
From space savers and standing-room-only pieces to DIY stunners, a good desk can make a room feel smart. And the best part about a beautiful and tidy desk? Accessorizing, of course! Whether you’re celebrating finally submitting that pesky expense report or prepping yourself to dive into your inbox, we’re got 17 desk accessories your workspace is craving this week.
1. One Day Notebook ($8): It doesn’t matter if you’re not a morning person — Poketo has every early-worm-catcher and night owl covered with these beautiful, temporal-inspired notebooks.
2. Loren Acrylic Tray ($25): Organize your gadgets and gizmos the way they were meant to be. With a beautiful clear frame and edge-to-edge handles, this tray finally gives everything its proper place.
3. Personal Banker Organizer ($15): Having a personal accountant just got cheaper (and more stylish). This handy money-saving planner is great for keeping track of spending, saving and investments.
4. Confetti Masking Tape ($9): Who says masking tape has to be boring? Perk it up with this adorably sweet polka dot adhesive.
5. Leather Mouse Pad ($39): Hand stitched from French leather and designed for maximum comfort, this mouse pad is lazy Sunday sweatpants meets the Dior fashion week catwalk. Toggle at your own risk.
6. 2016 Gold Planner ($20): Go ahead, make plans. This 17-month planner with gold foil accents with keep you organized through just about anything.
7. Terrarium Glass Pyramid Planter ($65): Brighten up your desk with a little green. This DIY terrarium made from handcut glass is modern, eco and easy to assemble.
8. Custom Address Stamp ($44): From wedding invitations to thank-you notes and luggage tags, there are so many uses for this fully customizable handcrafted address stamp.
9. Color Block Mobile Charger ($30): With an extra battery pack this stylish, you’ll never fear the red zone ever again.
10. Threshold Copper Task Lamp With White Marble Base ($50): It is all about mixed materials in home decor this season, and this marble and copper stunner is exactly why. With a soft metallic frame and a cool marble base, it’s designer lighting at an everywoman price.
11. Three Box Origami Paper Box Desk Pen Holder ($24): Handmade with sustainable materials, this minimalist pen holder can fasten anywhere from a cork board to a metal shelf.
12. Birds of a Feather Set ($14): It’s easier to commit to a daily journaling practice when your notebook is this pretty. The pretty flamingo pattern will inspire you to start hand-writing everything from your grocery list to your wish list.
13. Globe Jotter ($35): Planning your next vacay during work hours again? Not to worry: This blackboard globe makes it easy to plan (and re-plan) your summer break.
14. Color Block Pen ($5): Go ahead, write a letter. Sign that check. Pay that bill. These bright and chubby pens will make even the most mundane activities seem magical.
15. It’s Business Time Pencil ($7): Need a little motivation to keep working? These black and gold beauties are on your side and ready to work.
16. Lined Paper Personalized Flat Note Cards ($85): Looking for something with more of a personalized touch? Add your name and customizable font to these super trendy note cards.
17. Literary Glasses Pencil Pouch Set ($30): You don’t have to use this chic pencil case for the obvious. Instead, try it as a clutch with your LBD, to store your cosmetics or even as a wallet.
What’s on your desk this week? Snap a pic with the hashtag #britstagram so we can take a peek!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)