10 New Brightening Serums, Creams, and Masks to Revive Winter-Weathered Skin
As much as we love all things beauty, there’s no denying that it can get a tad overwhelming. In this monthly series you can look forward to 10 brand-new, must-try products focused around a specific seasonal concern. In other words, you better make some room on your #shelfie.
Winter weather comes with its fair share of complexion woes, but few are as menacing as dull, dehydrated skin. Instead of overwhelming your vanity with dozens of products, try buys featuring brightening ingredients, most of which double as high-quality hydrators. According to Shari Sperling, a board-certified dermatologist in Florham Park, NJ, options that include vitamins C and E, hyaluronic acid, fatty acids, and ceramides are a good place to start. Or consider salicylic, glycolic, and lactic acids, which also illuminate the face since they help slough off the top layer of rough dead skin. Gentle retinols can be effective, so long as you pick soothing formulas that won’t irritate skin. Scroll down to find 10 glow-boosting products launching in January 2019.
1. Innisfree Youth-Enriched Cream with Orchid ($29): This multi-tasking moisturizer hydrates, firms, tones, and gets you glowing with its mixture of Jeju orchid and citrus unshiu peel extract.
2. Allies of Skin Mandelic Pigmentation Corrector Night Serum ($92): Rosehip and tamanu oil combine with salicylic acid, retinol alternative bakuchiol, and hyaluronic acid to reduce the appearance of fine lines, shrink pores, and deeply nourish skin while you sleep.
3. Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum ($88): Powered by alpha hydroxy acids and a vitamin C blend, this lightweight serum gently exfoliates to support cell turnover, diminish dark spots and scarring, and improve tone overall.
4. AmorePacific Youth Revolution Radiance Creme & Masque ($200): This niacinamide-, squalane-, and fatty acid-rich treatment melts into your skin to hydrate and add shine. Apply a single layer for everyday use or two for an overnight masking experience.
5. Higher Education Skincare MBA Night Renewing Serum with 0.5% Retinol ($39): Upgrade your nighttime regimen with this fast-acting retinol serum that helps replenish moisture loss and refine your complexion.
6. Grace + Tonic Botanical Beauty Eye Serum ($25): This vegan, vitamin E, blue seakale, and green tea cooling serum works to instantly moisturize, plump, and brighten the delicate skin under your eyes.
7. Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask ($48): The antioxidant-rich overnight mask is formulated with radiant vitamin C, free radical-fighting maqui, and squalane to revive skin.
8. Omorovicza Budapest Daily Vitamin C ($150): Committing to a few drops of this potent vitamin C serum every day will set the stage for a firmer, more youthful-looking complexion.
9. Sunday Riley A+ High-Dose Retinoid Serum ($85): Formulated with blue-green algae, Hawaiian white honey, cactus extract, and retinol, this potent anti-aging buy will transform dull, UV-damaged skin into an enviable complexion.
10. KORA Organics Noni Glow Sleeping Mask ($48): This bouncy overnight mask plumps and illuminates your face courtesy of a mixture of intensifying, wrinkle-reducing kakadu plum extract, moisture-rich silver ear mushroom, nourishing coconut milk, and tone-enhancing caviar lime extract.
Do you have a favorite brightening skincare product? Tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Illustration by San Trieu