It’s no secret that cactus-themed everything is totally trendy right now. Whether you’re hacking Lena Dunham’s cactus pants, adding a few cactus home decor pieces to your space or DIYing a cactus-patched sweater to amp up your wardrobe, these prickly plants are the new black. So why not use this trend to take your next party to the next level? Cinco de Mayo is coming up quick, after all. You can add these buys or DIYs to cactify (yep, we went there) to get serious with your prickly theme, whether it’s for Cinco de Mayo or all your other spring and summer parties. Scroll through to take a peek.
1. Cactus Place Card Holders: Hosting a dinner party? A Cinco de Mayo-themed fiesta would be perfectly accompanied by these DIY clay cactus place card holders. They make for super cute party favors and are a must to show your friends that your hosting skills are on point ;) (via Oh Happy Day)
2. DIY Cactus Peeps: Peeps should for sure be a year-round treat, and these cacti are an easy fix to help celebrate your get-together. Use this recipe to bake a batch of cactus marshmallows that will make your dessert table *so* adorable. (via Brit + Co)
3. DIY Cactus Pants: It’s time to get your party pants on, peeps… no, literally. Upgrade a basic white pair of jeans using this DIY, and don’t worry, wearing these cactus pants *won’t* prick you. (via Brit + Co)
4. Printable Cactus Mini-Cupcake Stand: Cupcakes are always a crowd pleaser, and they’re super fun to decorate, whether you use icing or a festive cake stand. Once you’ve iced ’em with a classic white frosting, DL this printable to DIY a display that’ll get an A+ from all of your pals. (via Oh Happy Day)
5. Prickly Pear Margaritas: A party isn’t complete without a few themed cocktails! Mix up this Prickly Pear Marg recipe that is sweet, refreshing and *perfect* for your cactus-themed party. (via Design Darling)
6. Cactus Balloons: Balloons are an easy (and totally budget-friendly!) way to decorate your space for any party, even at the last minute. Pick up a few different balloon sizes to create this cactus design, and use it to help liven up those walls. (via Design Improvised)
7. Kangarui Pastel Cactus Wall Tapestry ($79): Photo booths are one of the best parts of every party, but there’s not always time available to DIY your backdrop. Instead of making your own, snag this wall tapestry that’ll go perfectly with your theme. Bonus: It’s also one you can use after the party is over.
8. Cactus Donuts: Donuts + cacti = the trendiest sweet treat on your dessert table. With a few pieces of construction paper and a scoop of frosting in a piping bag, you can take your donuts from drab to desert STAT. (via @aww.sam)
9. DIY Cactus Piñatas: No one can say no to a festive piñata, so make sure your guests have enough chances to take a swing. DIY a few cactus piñatas to really kick the festivity level up a notch and impress your guests. (via Craftcourse)
10. Sprinkles and Lace Co Printable Cactus Party Invitation ($18): Say hello to the cutest cactus party invitation out there. They’re printable, so you can pop them in the mail ASAP and get back to planning that menu.
11. DIY Potato Stamped Cactus Tea Towel: All you need to make these stamped cactus tea towels is a little green and white paint and a few fingerling potatoes. Your basic white kitchen towels just got a serious upgrade. (via Say Yes)
12. DIY Cactus Decoration: You’ve always wanted a garden, but maybe you have a hard time keeping the real deal alive… no judgement here! Pick up a few faux cacti, stick them in planters and wrap pom pom trim around to give them an extra touch of fun. (via Sugar + Cloth)
13. UO Souvenir Cactus Pin ($10): Say hello to the tiniest way to add an extra punch of festivity to your party. Whether you’re pinning this little guy to your outfit or using it as a favor, this pin is an essential for your cactus theme.
14. DIY Cactus Cake Topper: Adding a DIY topper to your delicious cake makes for a simple and cute decoration that your guests will love. Use foam sheets and a few swipes of paint to make this adorable option. (via Tell Love and Party)
15. Urban Outfitters Mini Cactus Piñata ($12): If you’re running low on time and can’t DIY a piñata, pick up this mini option from Urban Outfitters. It’ll look amaze over a desert-themed dessert table or as part of the photo booth. They’re so affordable, you could pick up a few and stagger them strategically around the room.
16. Sunnylife Cactus Ice Trays ($19, set of two): If you’re looking to really wow your guests with your hosting skills, pick up a set of cactus ice trays. You’ll officially be the hostess with the mostess when even your ice dresses up for the theme.
17. DIY Printable Cactus Garland: One of the easiest ways to amp up your decorations is to DIY an easy garland. DL this printable, cut out the cacti and hang on a strand of baker’s twine. It’s super easy AND free. (via Sel de Viking)
18. DIY Washi Tape Cactus Wall Art: You totally have a stash of washi tape that you’re looking to use up, which makes this DIY wall art the perfect addition to your party. It’s so pretty that you won’t want to take it down after the party. (via Studio DIY)
19. Cactus Balloon Decorations: On the hunt for something over-the-top, but ideal for your prickly party? Look no further, because these cactus balloons are an easy way to make your space seriously festive. (via Sarah Illenberger)
20. Dessert Table: Create a dessert and snack table that’s simple and clean, then decorate it by adding fun phrases above like “prick your poison” and a hashtag to help your foodie friends share the love on Insta. It doesn’t get any more desert-approved than that. (via Sugar + Cloth)
Are you hosting a *ton* of parties this spring and summer? Follow our Pinterest for endless inspo.