Everyone Can Dress Like a French Girl With Uniqlo’s Newest Collaboration
When it comes to mastering the effortless art of Parisian fashion there are a few ladies we’ll always look up to. Marion Cotillard, Brigitte Bardot and Vogue Paris’ former editor-in-chief, Carine Roitfeld are definitely all contenders for our top three. While we’re just going to have to gawk over the first two ladies’ style from afar, UNIQLO is about to help us on our journey to emulate Carine’s style.
The collection, which is set to launch this fall, will consist of 40 pieces and is based on UNIQLO’s LifeWear category. This division of the label focuses heavily on innovative, high-quality clothing that’s also super comfortable (AKA every lady’s dream). In a statement about the upcoming line, Roitfeld explained, “I started from the idea of clothes that I would want to wear myself and developed this into clothes that anyone would want to wear, a woman’s ideal of clothes that make her feel transformed when she wears them.”
No pieces from the line have been released yet, but we’re too excited just to wait and see, so we’ve gone ahead and made a few predictions. Here are five pieces we’re really hoping Carine + UNIQLO include in the upcoming collaboration.
1. A Faux Fur Vest: While it definitely takes a certain kind of personality to rock a full fur coat, the fur vest can be sported by many. Pop something like this on over a sheer dress and you’ll be golden. (Photo via Astrid Stawiarz/Getty)
3. A Patterned Pencil Skirt: When it comes to skirt choices, this is definitely Carine’s go-to. She’s been spotted rocking the style in just about every color and fabric. We can’t say we blame her for consistently sticking with this style, why mess with a good thing? (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Francois Durand/Getty)
2. A Trench With a Little Something Extra: There are few jackets as iconically French as the trench coat. While we love the jacket on its own, we’d love to see Carine put her high-fashion spin on the Parisian staple. We’re thinking some sheer paneling, exposed zippers or a wild leopard print. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
5. Some Animal-Printed Fun: From a furry coat to a tight blouse, Carine has proven her love for animal prints time and time again. We’d love to see this translated in the way of a button-down top or maybe even some skinny jeans. (via Tullio M. Puglia/Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
4. A Party-Ready LBD: In everything she wears, Carine always manages to add in a little bit of sex appeal. To perfectly capture her sultry vibes, we’d love to see a stunning black dress complete with some lace or sheer action (or maybe both). Basically, something you’d wear on a date and think to yourself, “Oh, ya. I look good.” (Photo via Bryan Bedder/Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
What pieces are you hoping to see in the Carine Roitfeld + UNIQLO collection? Share your predictions with us in the comments below.
(Featured image via Ben Gabbe/Getty)