15 Cauliflower Rice Recipes Too Good to Be True
Although it may not appear quite as glamorous as other superfoods,cauliflower packs a mighty punch when it comes to our health. Sure, it’s low in carbs and calories, but it also contains tons of vitamins, minerals and other great stuff like folic acid and fiber. Plus, it just so happens to be a versatile ingredient in the kitchen. We already know that it breaks down into silky soups and mashes, can be processed into a seriously delish pizza crust situation and even fried into a crispy snack. But, just when you thought it might be time to jump on a new veggie bandwagon, allow us to introduce the newest craze — cauliflower rice. It’s fluffy, light, tender and still maintains just the right amount of chew. All you need is a head of cauliflower and a box grater or food processor. If you’re still not convinced, this guide contains 15 compelling reasons to give cauliflower rice a try.
1. Cauliflower and Roasted Garlic “Rice and Peas”: With spicy roasted chickpeas, crisp apples and a grainy mustard-honey dressing, this hits all the right notes for the perfect autumn lunch bowl. Bundle it all up in some radicchio leaves if you need them to be more portable (ahem, tailgate worthy). (via The First Mess)
2. Cauliflower Rice Fish Taco Bowl: Taco Tuesday just got a little lift with this zesty bowl. The fluffy cauliflower and mango salad are a fresh accompaniment to seasoned fish. (via Julie’s Eats and Treats)
3. Chicken Carnitas Bowl With Cauliflower Rice: Say hello to your next fiesta menu. Set all the components on big platters and let your guests make their own bowls. Just don’t forget those margaritas. (via Closet Cooking)
4. Thai Cauliflower Rice Salad With Peanut Butter Ginger Sauce: Superfood, meet super salad. Cauliflower joins forces with cabbage, mango, bell peppers and ginger. Make a giant batch and take it for lunch — this sturdy salad travels well. (via The Awesome Green)
5. Mackerel With Cauliflower Couscous and Tahini: Sometimes a simple dish is the best, like this “rice” and fish topped with a medley of flavorful seeds. The fish is cooked under a broiler, so it’s easy AND elegant enough for your next dinner party. (via Bon Appetit)
6. Crispy Peanut Tofu Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry: Forget about that takeout menu, because this will soon become your newest (healthiest!) comfort food friend. This recipe has an all-star tip for getting your tofu super tender yet crisp on the outside without frying. (via Minimalist Baker)
7. Revitalizing & Raw Cauliflower-Tomato Detox Salad: If you’ve been a little too enthusiastic about those game-day wings and buffalo dip (we’ve all been there), this salad is exactly what the doctor ordered. Yes, it’s raw, but it also has flavor boosters and fats like sun-dried tomatoes, nuts and tahini, so you don’t feel like you’re missing out. (via Blissful Basil)
9. Kimchi-Fried Cauliflower Rice: Oh, snap! Grain-free, paleo, vegan and it tastes good? We can get on board with this. As if you needed to add another fermented food to your list (bread, beer, pickles… we know you’re listening), kimchi is a flavorful condiment you’ll want to get familiar with. (via In Sonnet’s Kitchen)
10. Quick Cauliflower “Risotto” With Asparagus Cilantro Basil Hemp Seed Pesto: If there’s one thing to love more than risotto, it’s a quick-cooking risotto. Or, maybe a grain-free one. It may sound impossible, but try this recipe and you’ll be a believer in no time. (via Half Baked Harvest)
11. Cauliflower Rice Lettuce Cups With Peanut Sriracha Sauce: Perhaps one of cauliflower rice’s greatest attributes is its ability to act as a vehicle for just about every delicious sauce out there. Take, for example, this one with a coconut milk base, heavily flavored with sriracha and salty peanut butter. Tucked into a lettuce wrap or straight from the spoon, it’s a beautiful thing. (via Veggie and the Beast)
12. Cauliflower Rice Spicy Tuna Rolls: If you haven’t tackled sushi at home, here’s one more reason why you should. Get out the sake and invite a few friends over to help for a yummy evening in. (via Wicked Spatula)
13. Asian Cauliflower Rice: We love this basic recipe for pairing with steamed veggies, dumplings or stir-fries. Keep your pantry stocked with staple ingredients like garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and chili sauce so you can whip up a batch on short notice. (via The Food Charlatan)
15. Garlic-Ginger Kale Bowl With Cauliflower Rice: We love this bowl for its versatility. Substitute in any ground meat or sturdy greens you have on hand for endless options. The cauliflower rice holds it all together. (via Our Four Forks)
How do you get crafty with cauliflower? Tell us in the comments below!