Admit it: There’s something comforting about a bowl of rice topped with veggies, meat or even fruit. Plus, having your whole meal in one bowl saves on clean up time, which is totally fine by us. That’s why we’ve found 20 rice bowl recipes that you might just have to add to your arsenal of go-to weeknight dinners. So get out those bowls you DIY-ed, and fill ‘em up with some of these yummy, one-dish rice concoctions.
4. Detox Fruit + Veggie “Rice” Bowl: This dish is perfect if you need a break from a weekend of heavy meals. The dressing is made with a detoxing combo of ginger root, honey, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, olive oil and vinegar. Yum! (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
6. Shrimp Puttanesca Rice Bowl Recipe with Capers + Tomatoes: No one ever said a rice bowl had to be Asian influenced. Bright Italian flavors make this dish healthy and comforting. (via Cookin’ Canuck)
7. Brown Rice Bowl with Chard + Nutty Tomato Romesco Sauce: The tasty romesco sauce made with pimiento peppers and almonds (among other things) really makes this dish stand out. (via The Kitchn)
9. Pineapple-Sriracha Chicken Bowls With Wild Rice: Sriracha makes everything better — especially chicken breasts. Add some pineapple, and you’ve got a meal that’s sweet and spicy. (via Spache the Spatula)
10. Black Rice Salad Bowls With Chipotle Orange Chicken, Cashews + Feta: Forbidden rice adds a little something extra. Not to mention, it makes the colors of the oranges, avocados and tomatoes pop. (via Half Baked Harvest)
11. Ben’s Chicken, Bacon + Rice Bowls: Remember how we said rice bowls were comforting? Well, add some bacon and you’ve hit the mother lode. And there’s spinach in there, too, so it’s healthy. Sorta. (via Iowa Girl Eats)
12. Pumpkin-Pistachio Kale Fried Rice Bowl with Maple Tofu Cubes: Pumpkin-infused rice plus pistachios? Never thought we’d be wishing for autumn so soon. ( via Lunchbox Bunch)
16. Tofu + Chickpea Curry with Green Peas: Rice takes a backseat in this dish, because let’s face it, the rice is just a vehicle for soaking up the deliciousness that is this curry. (via The Partial Ingredients)
18. Fried “Rice”: Basically, what we’ve learned here today is that cauliflower is a great substitute if rice (or carbs) isn’t your thing. But just because it’s healthy, doesn’t mean you can’t fry it! (via Brit + Co)
19. Roasted Harvest Veggie, Curried Avocado + Coconut Rice Bowls: Oh yes, you read that correctly. Curried avocado… aka the best idea ever. (via Half Baked Harvest)
20. Slow-Cooker Coconut Brown Rice Pudding: Who says a rice bowl has to be savory? This refreshing take on rice pudding is made in a slow cooker, so you can let it go all day and come home to a sweet and light dessert. (via Food Network)
Do you like your rice bowls sweet, spicy or a little bit of both? Let us know below and feel free to share your rice bowl recipe with us!