Celeb-Approved Travel Beauty Products You Need in Your Carry-On
Any jet-setting gal knows all too well the drying effect of airplane air coupled with the stress of getting to flights on time. Let’s be real — at the end of it all, your skin is left feeling more like you got a one-way ticket to the Sahara than a ride to a fab summer getaway. That’s why we’re especially glad that some of Hollywood’s loveliest ladies are eager to share their secrets to how they hop off a plane looking fresh-faced. To protect your complexion from post-travel dullness, snag these 12 celebrity-recommended, in-flight remedies.
1. Victoria Beckham: Since we really, really, really want skin as luminous as Posh’s, we’ll take her word that Dr. Lancer The Method Travel Collection for Face ($135) — a travel-friendly skincare line created by her LA dermatologist — is as great as she says. As she spilled to Elle, Lancer is the genius who solved her skincare woes once and for all.
2. Vanessa Williams: Dry plane air leaves our eyes looking about as jet-lagged as we feel, which is why Williams revealed on her Instagram that she travels with Clear Eyes Redness Relief ($3). It’s like a cool refresher for your eyes.
3. Kim Kardashian: Ever since Bustle unlocked the benefits Kim K. reaps from her silky pillow case, we’ve been antsy to give it a whirl. Catch some much-needed shut-eye on your next flight in Mrs. West style, with a SHHH Silk White Marble Travel Size Pillow ($149). It’ll keep your strands frizz-free and your skin smooth and hydrated.
4. Kristen Bell: Bell spilled to InStyle that she slurps nutrient-enhanced, skin-firming water while in-flight to fend off dehydrated skin. Take a page from her book by adding some bonus goodness to your water with Vital Proteins Marine Collagen Anti-Aging Dietary Supplement ($48) for the same skin-boosting effect.
5. Jennifer Lopez: The Shades of Blue star’s habit of using SK-II Facial Treatment Mask ($17 each) when globetrotting inspired Chrissy Teigen to do the same, according to Travel + Leisure. The two stars’ makeup artist, Kate Best, advises all of her clients to don these ah-mazing masks in-flight, and if J.Lo trusts ’em, we def do too.
6. Paris Hilton: Telegraph UK quoted the socialite sharing that Patchology Travel Size Flash Patch Eye Gels ($15 for five) are a *must* during travel. Hilton adores eye patches so much that they’re part of her daily beauty ritual, so it’s fair to say she knows what’s good.
balancing face mist
7. Behati Prinsloo: We’ll take beauty tips from Adam Levine’s wife and model any day. She told Popsugar that she keeps her face hydrated using Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist ($24) while up in the clouds.
8. Molly Sims: Squalane oil hydrates, soothes, and protects the skin with minimal risk of clogging your pores. That’s why Sims uses Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil ($32), the creator of the eponymous skincare line proudly shared on her blog.
9. Alessandra Ambrosio: The model knows that nothing brightens and evens your skin like a whopping dose of vitamin C. Popsugar learned that Ambrosio relies on The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost Instant Smoother ($29) to quickly deliver the skin-protecting antioxidant during travel.
10. Alexa Chung: Weleda Skin Food ($13) is a celebrity-beloved moisturizing powerhouse that comes in handy when you jet frequently. Designed to soften ultra-dry areas like elbows, Chang puts it right on her face, according to Beauty Editor.
11. John Mayer: Hollywood’s resident heartbreaker keeps his pout performance-ready with Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 ($7), according to Women’s Health. The cult-classic balm will make parched lips smooth and kissable when in-transit.
12. Katy Perry: Perry dished to InStyle that she uses Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray ($22) to keep her flyaways on lock after landing. The volumizing spray will basically eliminate the words “bad hair day” from your vocabulary.
Want to shop more travel-friendly beauty finds? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use links to promote products sold by others, but always makes genuine editorial recommendations.