5 Celebs Who Will Make You Want to Rock Sneakers With Your Dress This Summer
Don’t put away those colorful spring sneakers so fast — they’re actually going to come in quite handy this summer, if you plan on taking a cue from some of your favorite celebrities. Possibly jumping on the spring athleisure trend, celebs are letting down their hair and showing off their casual outfits as the weather heats up. And the hottest (style-wise, clearly) casual look of summer in the stars’ books (AKA Insta accounts) is dresses — maxi to mini — paired with sneakers. Don’t believe it? Check out how five of your favorite ladies have mastered this high-low combo.
1. Reese Witherspoon: She’s in a Draper James dress, naturally, but doesn’t she look preppy and super cool all at once? The primary-colored dress plays nicely with her classic white Adidas sneakers — perfect for a leisurely walk around that beautiful coastline behind her.
2. Naomie Harris: Now *this* is a summer lewk! The British actress is looking white-hot on a rare balmy spring day in England. Her silky scarf adds the perfect amount of color to this practical-yet-pretty outfit, and she’s jumped on the belt bandwagon, giving her waist a nice shape.
3. Kaley Cuoco: Who knew that the sneakers + dress combo could look so chic? Kaley takes a really modern, girlie dress and makes it tough and casual all at the same time with a pair of black Chuck Taylor All-Stars from Converse. The cute ruffle at the bottom of her dress makes the pairing especially fun and flirty.
4. Alexa Chung: Only Alexa Chung can think up (maybe because she can pull anything off) this outfit of a lingerie-inspired evening gown and black high tops. It’s classic Alexa in that she’s always surprising us and mixing together true high and low pieces. (Photo via Randy Shropshire/Getty)
5. Lottie Moss: Kate Moss’ little sister is showing off her own relaxed, modern style here with a printed dress, foulard scarf and the ubiquitous white sneaker. If this outfit is any indication of future ones to come, she’ll continue to show up on best-dressed lists for sure. (Photo via Eamonn M. McCormack / Getty)
Show us your best dress + sneaker combo on Instagram with #iamcreative!
(Featured photo via Randy Shropshire/Getty)