Warm Up With These 15 Steamy + Dreamy Holiday Drink Recipes
Time to toss the pumpkin lattes and steamy ciders to make room for some holiday cheer. As the snowflakes fall and lights are strung, we get to welcome a whole new slew of hot drinks to be *super* excited about. Holiday faves such as eggnog, spiced wine and peppermint have been popping up, and there are a ton of wonderful ways to use them. The common thing to do is to throw them into desserts, but we’re doing one better. We’ve got 15 over-the-top mugs of heart-warming goodness that will have you opting to drink your holiday treats.
1. Crockpot Toasted Marshmallow Hot Chocolate: If you thought biting into melty s’mores was as good as toasted marshmallows could get, we’re about to blow your minds. This hot mug of chocolatey goodness is loaded with melted toasted marshmallows, giving it a sweet yet roasted flavor. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
2. Spiced Orange Mocha Hot Chocolate: This steamy mug of hot chocolate is like no other. Blending bright and tangy citrus flavors with the deep and rich notes of cocoa is a thing of brilliance. Top it off with a bunch of goodies and you’ve got yourself a mug of sheer bliss. (via The Cupcake Confession)
3. Boozy Raspberry Hot Chocolate: What’s better than raspberries and chocolate? A tasty and boozy raspberry-infused *hot* cocoa made with real chocolate, milk and cream. Seriously, ditch the powder packet. This stuff is for real. (via Host the Toast)
4. Pomegranate Orange Mulled Wine: We don’t want to knock hot chocolate or steamy apple cider; they’re delicious! But nothing will warm the cockles of your heart quite like mulled wine. Spiced to perfection, this blend brings pomegranate in for a fun twist. (via To Live and Diet in L.A.)
5. Tahini Hot Chocolate: Because this delectable mug of hot cocoa doesn’t contain white sugar, we’re going to chalk it up to being a healthier spin on a rich and caloric treat. This concoction is vegan, GF and lightly spiced with cinnamon and anise. (via JuYogi)
6. Sugar Cookie White Hot Chocolate: This holiday beverage is *everything* that is unique, exciting and downright heavenly. Give it a rest with the candy canes, marshmallows and chocolate shavings; it’s all about the sugar cookie. (via Say Grace)
7. Cardamom Hot Chocolate With Homemade Marshmallows: Up your hot chocolate game with hefty and tasty homemade marshmallows. This sweet and creamy drink will satisfy your sweet tooth all while warming the soul with a hit of cardamom. (via Chocolate and Connie)
8. Peanut Butter and Jelly Hot Chocolate: This recipe turns a childhood classic into a luscious hot cocoa, and we couldn’t be more in love. The only way to warm up this winter is to melt velvety chocolate with silky PB and top it off with your fave berry flavor. (via Bless Her Heart Y’all)
9. Applejack Hot Toddy: The best way to warm yourself at the end of the day — or in soggy weather — is to sip on a remedying hot toddy. Applejack brandy, lemons and honey create a drink that is as soothing as it is delicious. (via Platings and Pairings)
10. Peppermint Hot Chocolate: Whether you’re returning from a day of skiing or settling in to spend an afternoon gift-wrapping, a classic peppermint hot chocolate should be by your side. This one is naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup. (via Emma’s Little Kitchen)
11. Slow Cooker Caramel Hot Chocolate: For some, a chocolate treat simply isn’t complete without the addition of oozing caramel; this hot chocolate caters to that crowd. Treat yourself this holiday season and indulge in this creamy and dreamy mug of hot cocoa. (via Kristeena Michelle)
12. Naughty Nice Hot Cocoa With Spiked Eggnog Marshmallows: This overflowing mug of joy brings us an exciting twist to hot chocolate as we know it. Rum-infused marshmallows float atop a rich and (optionally) boozy hot cocoa, creating the most splendid indulgence. (via Half Baked Harvest)
13. Crockpot Hot Chocolate With Chai: You know that chai latte from the coffee shop you continuously lust for? Well, there’s a new mouth-watering chai concoction in town, and you can make it in the comfort of your own kitchen. (via April Golightly)
14. Hot Chocolate With Cinnamon: If you’re less into the elaborate hot cocoas drizzled with sweet sauce and are more into a simple spice, this mug is for you. Sometimes all you need is a little cinnamon to amp things up. (via Missis N)
15. Pumpkin Gingerbread Hot Cocoa: Not over the pumpkin spice craze? It’s okay; this hot cocoa has your back. It incorporates the flavors of fall and winter into one mug, creating the perfect pick-me-up for a dark and cold day. (via Live Eat Learn)
Follow us on Pinterest for more ways to indulge this holiday season!
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)