10 Hot (Boozy) Drink Recipes for Cold Nights
Hot and boozy is our favorite combination come colder months of the year, so we’ve found a whole winter’s worth of drinks to get you through parties, quiet nights at home, and outdoor excursions. It’s definitely time to invest in a good thermos.
1. Mulled Wine: A cinnamon-y boozy beverage comes together in your slow cooker and can be served out of the same vessel too.
2. Hot Buttered Bourbon: If you’ve ever wondered what the Harry Potter butterbeer tastes like, we imagine it’s something like this. You don’t have to be a wizard to make it though. Just remember to keep it hot in a Crock-Pot for your guests.
3. Mulled Wine Hot Chocolate: Our two favorite things put together into one big warm mug, what could be better?
4. Easy Hot Toddy: This light and bright toddy is just the thing if you’re feeling sniffly.
6. Vegan Slow Cooker Hot Cocoa: Goodness gracious, the gold touch on the rims, the coconut cream mound on top. Throw in your favorite liqueur, and you’ll be hooked.
7. Chai Hot Toddy: Hot chocolate and traditional toddies get a lot of play during the holidays, but don’t sleep on chai. It’s spicy, sweet,and can really liven up a party.
8. 5-Ingredient Mulled Wine: This recipe only uses five ingredients and is the ideal bev for parties or just for a night in.
9. Spiked Lattes: While we don’t suggest spiking your morning mocha on the way to work, this just might rid you of your hangover on a lazy Sunday.
10. Mulled Cider With Cloved Oranges: Though this cider isn’t spiked, a splash of bourbon, rum, or brandy will do the trick.
What’s on your stove and in your crockpots? Let us know on Twitter @BritandCo.
(Photos via Brit + Co)
Additional reporting by Annie D’Souza