With winter upon us, it’s time to trade our campfires for fireplaces and snuggle up indoors. It’s a season for sweaters, snowball fights and steaming cups of cocoa. Speaking of cocoa, winter also means it’s time to up your marshmallow game, and we’ve got the recipes to help you do it. Whether you’re looking to crush that s’mores fix or you’re searching for a cozy twist on a cocktail, there’s a marshmallow recipe for every holiday happening. Read on for tons of toasted, roasted ‘mallow inspiration.
1. Hot Chocolate With Marshmallows Cake: For a totally show-stopping dessert, check out this decadent number. Buttermilk cocoa cake layers get sandwiched with malted fudge, cookie crumbs and toasted marshmallows. (via The Sugar Hit)
2. Homemade Peppermint Marshmallows: These DIY treats are multi-purpose because they look great on display at a party, and they also make tasty gifts. Don’t forget to whip up a double batch so you can keep some for yourself. (via Cooking Classy)
6. Toasted Marshmallow and Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies: These cookies have a LOT going for them. And there’s more to them than meets the eye — each one has a hidden pocket of Nutella in the middle! (via Clockwork Lemon)
7. Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake: Alright, so a cold and frothy milkshake might not do much to keep you warm, but what better reason to cozy up by the fire? This frosty beverage has toasted marshmallows blended directly into the ice cream, along with a thick layer of caramel. (via Cookies and Cups)
8. Autumn Delight Cake: If you didn’t get your fill of fall at Thanksgiving, it’s not too late. This stunning layer cake is made with sweet potatoes and layered with marshmallow cream, but is still perfectly in season and totally appropriate for December. (via Sweetapolita)
9. S’mores Martini: These cocktails are not for the faint of heart. They’re sweet, creamy, chocolatey and super boozy. Top it all off with a toasted marshmallow skewer and a graham cracker rim. (via A Cocktail Life)
13. Naughty Nice Hot Cocoa With Spiced Eggnog Marshmallows: Toss a couple of these spiked marshmallows in your cocoa and you’ll be the jolliest person at the party. We also love the recipe for the very naughty kahlua and hazelnut liquor spiked cocoa. Plus, it uses coconut milk for an extra flavor boost. (via Half Baked Harvest)
14. S’mores Pudding Shots: Campfire s’mores can get a little bit messy. These mini puddings take care of that in adorable shot glass form and are perfect for holiday parties. (via My Baking Addiction)
16. Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottomed Salted Rum Caramel Tart With Toasted Marshmallow: Take your dinner party to the next level with this eye-popping beauty. Really, who can pass up a towering pile of marshmallow meringue? Neither can we. (via Half Baked Harvest)
17. Chocolate Salted Caramel Dipped Marshmallows: Flaky sea salt lends the perfect contrasting flavor and crunchy texture to chewy marshmallows. Wrap these in some cellophane for a pretty (and tasty!) holiday gift. (via Baker by Nature)
How yummy are these ooey, gooey recipes? Follow us on Pinterest for more dessert recipes.