We’re pumpkin-obsessed around these parts, and it turns out that all of you like to have your pumpkin and drink it too! :) We treasure hunted on the web to find the most enticing pumpkin cocktails, smoothies, and hot drinks, and think we may have found a few that we’d prefer over the infamous PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) that this country seems to know and love so well. Bottoms up!
1. Pumpkin Caipirinha: First up, a caipirinha! This recipe features fall flavors like ginger, nutmeg, and pumpkin to create a cozy cocktail. And, since pumpkin is sweet on its own, no refined sugar or juices are needed to sweeten things up – just a touch of agave nectar! (via Fit Sugar)
2. Spiced Pumpkin Bourbon Punch: This bourbon-powered drink combines lemon, honey, ginger, and pumpkin puree and is designed to totally knock you out ;) (via Domesticate Me)
3. Pumpkin Cider Beertail: No idea what to do with that pumpkin flavored beer you bought two weeks ago? Turn it into something more sparkly with help from cider, cinnamon, and lemon. (via Brit + Co.)
4. (Wild) Turkey and Sage: This would be an amazing cocktail to kick off a Thanksgiving feast. Love the combo of savory and sweet. (via Serious Eats)
5. The Ultimate Pumpkin Spice Smoothie: Not only does this smoothie taste ridiculously delicious but it’s dairy-free which makes it pretty darn guilt-free, too! (via Brit + Co.)
6. Pumpkin Mojito: We love a throwback to summer, especially on an unseasonably warm day here in SF. To create a fall-inspired mojito, use brown sugar instead of white, and add in pumpkin puree! (via Yum Sugar)
7. Pumpkin Spice Hazelnut Coffee: This one is sort of like a PSL that is both spiked and nutty, and we’re into it. (via Poet in the Pantry)
8. Chocolate Pumpkin Gingerbread Martini: Okay, this is one of those recipes where we read the title and immediately pass out. I mean, crunchy cookies, pumpkin spice, chocolate, coffee, ginger, and cream? What. (via The Blond Cook)
9. Pumpkintini: For this trick, we turned the flavors of a pumpkin spice latte into a martini! So yummy. (via Brit + Co.)
10. Spiced Pumpkin Cider: We do love us a warm cider, especially a luscious one like this. The pumpkin puree adds a thickness that is just perfect for fall. (via She Knows)
11. Pumpkin Chai Latte: Take your regular cup of chai up a level by adding pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin, and maple syrup. Nom. (via Texanerin)
12. Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate: Ever tried white hot chocolate? It’s a fun alternative to the regular cocoa move, and stirring in pumpkin really kicks things up. (via Macaroni and Cheesecake)
13. Death by Pumpkin: Are you ready for THREE types of pumpkin in one dangerous drink? We’ve got pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice liqueur, and pumpkin ice cream. (via Hungry Couple)
14. Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie: And last, a healthy pumpkin option! Not only will this smoothie add fiber to your day, but the pumpkin helps keep you fuller longer. (via Healthful Pursuit)
Have you ever made or drank a pumpkin-flavored drink? Any favorite recipes we should try out? Talk to us in the comments below.