Churros Stuffed With Nutella and More Mind-Blowing Recipes for the Fried Dough Treat
As any street food aficionado knows, when it comes to outrageous tasty treats, nothing beats deep fried dough that’s been dusted with sugar. Lately churros have been taking Instagram by storm. The concept is inspiring all kinds of crazy hybrids — from churro milkshakes to churro popcorn. Here, 14 mind-blowing ways to prepare churros.
3. Churro Cupcakes: These cinnamon-spiced cupcakes are topped with luscious vanilla buttercream, then garnished with a churro bite. Make a tray of these for your Cinco de Mayo party, and that tray is guaranteed to come back to the kitchen EMP-TY. (via The Domestic Rebel)
6. Churro Ice Cream Sandwiches: These churro sammies look impressive, but they’re pretty easy to make. The trick is to slather on the ice cream as the dough comes hot out of the fryer — this way they literally melt in your mouth. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
8. Nutella Stuffed Pumpkin Churro Bites: Everyone’s fall fave, pumpkin spice donuts just got a serious upgrade. Laced with pumpkin puree, these churro bites are crunchy on the outside and pillowy soft on the inside. (via Thyme to Eat)
12. Churro Apple Pie Cookies: These yummy apple churro cookies are easy-peasy to make, because the recipe is jump-started with store-bought pie dough. Insert lollipop sticks and they’ll make the cutest churro lollies. (via Jo Cooks)
13. Cinnamon Sugar Churro Waffles: Break out the waffle iron, because breakfast just got *a lot* more delicious. Sliced strawberries and whipped cream add just the right amount of sweetness, but add maple syrup and you’ll have a churro-licious flavor bomb. (via Chef de Home)
14. Flourless Peanut Butter Churro Cupcakes With Coconut Frosting: This one’s for all the Paleo peeps in the house. These flourless churro cupcakes are gonna make your day. (via Cotter Crunch)
If you’re always looking for the next OUTRAGEOUS dessert hybrid, follow us on Pinterest for more.