30 DIY Piñatas to Make Your Next Party Smashing
The answer is yes: You need a piñata at your next party. What’s the occasion? Doesn’t matter. All parties need a big colorful piñata as the decor centerpiece. Whether you’re throwing a fall soiree, a fun birthday party or a holiday get-together, they could all use a piñata. You can fill them with candy and beat them to a pulp, use them as fabulous party decoration or give them away as wonderful presents. With 30 DIY options, we’ve got piñatas in every shape, size and theme imaginable. So grab a pair of scissors and crepe paper, and start making some fringe.
1. Present Piñata: Cut brightly colored crepe paper into long fringe strips and wrap them around cardboard boxes for a pretty spin on holiday tradition. These frilly boxes create fabulous decor for any occasion. (via DIY Network)
2. Ice Cream Cone: No matter what the read on the thermometer is, we’re always fans of ice cream. These little guys are the perfect size to hand out as super special party favors. Or fill them with candy for a more traditional piñata. (via Oh Happy Day)
3. Easter Eggs: Fill each of these mini piñatas with a surprise gift for a personalized party treat. If you can’t bring yourself to crush them, you could always make them into a colorful garland. (via A Subtle Revelry)
6. Flower Filled Piñata: Maybe you aren’t looking for a sugar rush. If you just want some pretty decor, try filling the piñata with flowers — fresh or fake — for an unexpected surprise. (via Free People)
8. Christmas Cracker: These are almost too pretty to break. Almost. (via Martha Stewart)
16. Heart of Gold Rocket Ship: Don’t be square! This rocket ship features a pull handle so you can just give it a yank and have confetti come pouring out of it instead of destroying all your hard work. (via Oh My Handmade)
23. Valentine Hearts: Instead of destroying this piñata to get to the goodness inside, these little hearts open up like a box so your loved one can keep it around and think of you every time they reuse it. Sigh. (via Brit + Co)
27. Mini Piñatas: Get the kids to help make these adorable mini piñatas. (via Little Inspiration)
29. Geometric : Not only are these piñatas super trendy with their faceted shapes, they are looking pretty fancy with that extra bit of gold fringe. PS, does Studio DIY know piñatas or do they KNOW piñatas? (via Studio DIY)
Have you ever made your own piñatas? Talk to us in the comments below!