14 Pieces That Prove Everything Is Better With a Bow
Most of us at some point in time have experienced a fascination with bows. Whether as girly-girl adornment or accessories with an unexpected edge (or even a DIY gift topper), we’ve all been there and done that… or have we? Finding fresh, modern, grown-up ways to wear a bow is easier said than done, but we’re up for the challenge. Enter these 14 pieces that flaunt your love of bows without the overly cutesy feel, proving that a love affair with such a classic detail never really fades.
1. Forever21 Contemporary Bow-Back Top ($15): The bigger the bow, the better. Bare that back with this light and flowy bow-adorned top, perfect for a causal brunch with the gals.
screams summer. Enjoy the warm weather Wet Hot American style with this ’70s-inspired denim romper featuring a messy bow right in the middle.
3. Kate Spade Watercolor Fit and Flare Dress ($448): Nobody knows bows better than Kate Spade. This vibrant watercolored bow-back dress is the perfect mix of sweet and poised — perfect for wedding season and beyond.
4. Zara Top With Bow ($23): Already planning for the Fourth of July? This relaxed-fit striped top is perfect for your Independence Day festivities. Just don’t forget some hot red shorts.
5. French Connection Imogen Cotton Bow Tie Dress ($118): Bring on the ethereal charm. Wear your bows on the dainty side with these casual-cool white bow straps. This look is perfect for a picnic date or beach wedding.
6. Forever21 Contemporary Bow-Back Top ($16): Five is better than one. If you’re not afraid to embrace a little prep, don this blush top with sweet bow details lined up in the back.
7. MILLY Jordan Printed Bow-Detail Dress ($495): Hello, summer! This peek-a-boo dress is perfect for all of this season’s events, from sunny Sunday brunch to a wine-country wedding.
8. Reclaimed Vintage X Liquid Lunch Striped Shift Dress With Bow Back ($64): A subtle detail can make all the difference. Add a delicate pop of color to your standard striped dress with this ladylike bow.
9. ASOS Bandeau Floral Midi Prom Dress With Bow ($127): Don’t be fooled — this bright bowed dress isn’t just for prom. Saunter into your best friend’s wedding looking like the belle of the ball (well, aside from the bride) with this fun and flirty strapless number.
10. Finders Keepers Bow Your Mind Romper ($150): We love a bow with a purpose! Not all embellishments are purely decorative. Cinch your waist and accentuate your curves in this little black romper.
11. Wilfred Belfort Sweater ($110): Bows can add intrigue even when they’re not the main event. Sport some subtle bows with this loose-fitting top to prove, once again, that less is more.
12. Article & Bow Tie Box Blouse ($49): Not all bows are prissy. If you’re looking for a style you can wear to work, this boxy bow-tie top is perfect for adding professional appeal to your girlish style.
13. Community Bostrom Knit Top ($65): Forget the florals for your go-to festival style, and opt for a pretty braided bow instead. The braided string, finished off with a fringe knot, vibes with your lazy boho style — especially paired with a Panama hat.
14. ZARA Bow Sleeve Dress ($40): Cutoff sleeves are popping up everywhere. Give this edgy style a softer aura with some messy shoulder ties adorning a loose and airy dress.
Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful + fun style inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.