Colored Mascara Is 2015’s Next Big Beauty Trend
We’ve seen pastel colors pop up on hair,eyebrows and even armpit hair, but this beauty trend is taking color one step further by adding it to your eyes. We’re not talking eye shadow or eyeliner, but colored mascara. You might have rocked colored mascara or lashes back in the ’90s, and this fun look is having a comeback. This spring, you don’t have to stick to just one color — let your upper and lower lashes take on their own show-stopping colors. Double the colors means double the fun, right? Scroll on for seven colored mascaras that you’ll fall in love with.
1. Dior Addict It-Lash Mascara ($26): With Dior’s mascara, it’s super easy to create long and curved lashes full of volume. Wear a hot pink lash to let your eye makeup really pop in spring colors.
2. Makeup Forever Smokey Lash ($23): For smokey and darker hues, go for Makeup Forever. If you’re nervous about wearing bright, hot pink lashes, you’ll be happy to know that this ultra-pigmented mascara will give you a more subtle look, but still keep your eyes in the spotlight.
3. Yves Saint Laurent Waterproof-Effect Faux-Cils Mascara ($30): Add some drama to your eyelashes with YSL. The color “Majorelle Blue” will keep you stylish throughout spring and summer.
4. NYX Cosmetics Color Mascara ($7): Go big and think beyond with this unique, vibrant color option. This showstopper will guarantee that everyone will compliment your awesome lashes.
5. RMK W Color Mascara ($52): Enjoy double-headed mascara with RMK’s latest spring collection. Each mascara comes with two different shades, so you can sport different colors on your top and bottom lashes.
6. Butter London Wink Mascara ($20): Butter London’s Wink Mascara collection offers six dramatic shades and two basics. We guarantee you’ll have a hard time picking the color that you want. This “Indigo Punk” shade has beautiful hues of purple that you’ll wanna wear all year long.
7. Sephora + Pantone Universe Bold Marsala Mascara & Blow Highlighter ($20): Celebrate the color of 2015 from your head to your toes, including your lashes. This stunning shade of marsala is one of the must-have beauty items of the year.
What do you think about this spring beauty trend? What colors would you like to try on your lashes? Tell us in the comments below.
(Feature image via RMK)