Spring cleaning calls for a massive closet overhaul. And we’ll bet that when you’re cataloguing your pants collection, the list looks something like this: jeans, jeans, and more jeans. You guys—while having a pair or two of perfect-fitting denim is a must, we’re firm believers in spicing up your wardrobe with basics that are both versatile and bold, like these crazy-colorful pants. We’ve found 15 bold beauties that should be worn in heavy rotation come spring, so add your faves to your cart now!
1. Harper Joggers ($98): Yeah, we know: joggers. They’re kind of a weird concept, but we’re willing to give these structured, bright yellow ones a try, especially when they’re so expertly styled with a striped top and woven sandals. This is the right kind of casual.
2. Jackie Capri ($248): Flash some ankle at the office with these form-fitting capris in an eye-catching cherry red. Dress ‘em up with color block pumps or take it easy with a pair of smoking slippers.
3. Petite Kick Stripe Ankle Pants ($70): What’s not to love about these ankle pants? Their slim fit makes them super flattering, plus those bold bands of color totally hit the mark.
4. Ankle Zip Charlie Trousers ($98): These melon-colored trousers are right up our alley. They’re embellished with a an edgy zipper detail and made of a stretchy cotton-spandex blend, ensuring that you’re comfortable while you’re lookin’ cool.
5. River Island Highwaisted Peg Pant ($65): We’re big fans of the high-waisted fit. It not only elongates your legs like a dream, but also cinches you at your smallest part: your true waist. Look like the bombshell you are in this pair of royal blue peg pants.
7. Easy Cropped Leggings Pants ($20): Just how easy? How does a drawstring waist sound? We’re dying to rock these cropped teal pants with a pair of clogs this spring.
8. American Apparel Riding Pant ($74): The equestrian details, like thigh pads and a double button closure, totally make this pair of ultra high-waisted, heavy duty spandex. These ribbed pants come in a handful of gem and earth tones, like this “corn” yellow that would look so cool with a black chiffon blouse and grey ankle boots.
9. Camilla & Marc Casual Pants ($180): We usually cringe at the thought of horizontal stripes getting anywhere near our trousers, but these bold bands of color actually work, breaking up the lower body in the most flattering of ways. If you ask us, that peaking khaki stripe makes this pair.
10. Ali Flared Trouser ($278): Fuschia flared trousers? Why not! We do NOT question the color choices of Kate Spade around these parts.
11. Like Candy Crop Jean ($68): We’ve seen the term “power pastels” around a lot lately, and these cotton candy colored jeans fit the bill. Dress ’em down with an oversized tee or rock the pair with a floral blazer to channel all that’s great about spring style.
13. BDG Contrast Rib Sweatpant ($39): If we were to wear sweatpants out of the house, then this would be the pair you’d catch us in. The blue cuffs and waistline might make this the coziest pop of color ever.
14. Ella Moss Contrast Side Pant ($148): Tuxedo-style pants get a modern makeover in both color and fit. An electric purple and tapered cut makes this black tie trouser look effortlessly elegant.
15. Hampton-Fit Emerald Medallion Print Crop ($90): A shiny medallion pattern takes these grass green pants to a level that’s super chic. Pair with a chambray shirt for a polished everyday look.
Do you go bold with your basics? Where do you shop for the most colorful high-quality wardrobe staples around? Tell us in the comments below.