Step Into Sunnier Weather With These 21 Color Blocked Shoes
Let’s face it: snowshoes are still an everyday reality for most of us. And while we can’t fast forward to sunnier weather, we can add some Spring to our step (get it?). It’s way easy: once you head indoors, toss off your winter weather wear and slip on something lighter and brighter like a pair of color block shoes. We’re big fans of adding a vibrant palette of panels to our wardrobes, especially as we’re biting our nails in anticipation of fewer layers, thinner socks, and the other joys that April brings. If you ask us, there’s no better way to step into the season.
1. Fey Slingbacks ($98): These slingbacks are the ultimate mix of preppy and cool, all thanks to those pointed metallic panels.
3. Asos Aftershock Chelsea Leather Boots ($102): Orange side stretch panels give these Chelsea boots a seriously swoon-worthy pop of color. Wear with light denim to keep the contrast feeling extra fresh.
4. Asos Sphinx Heels ($75): A neon suede upper and a chrome-finished heel make these shoes perfect party pumps. Plus, details like the double strap and angular block heel don’t go unnoticed.
5. Mila Flat ($322): We’re obsessed with this twist on a traditional Brogue. Contrast leather wrapping makes this easy to wear shoe especially fashion forward.
6. Mercer D’Orsays ($176): The D’Orsay is here to stay, and we couldn’t be happier about it. Its two part design make color blocking options nearly endless, though we can’t imagine a better mix than this sapphire front and beige back.
7. Mel by Melissa Shoes Platform Wedge ($65): These red and tan platforms will work with your wardrobe way past Valentine’s Day. Wear them with cuffed denim while the weather’s still cold, then pair ’em with black and white patterned shorts for Spring.
8. Grey City Walker Boot ($188): These Western-inspired boots were made for city girls (what cowgirl has a Chanel-inspired zip detail wrapping around their toes?). The slim, vertical stretch panels add modern flair.
9. Jeffrey Campbell Soiree Heel ($120): We gave the clear heel trend the nod of approval before, but the second designers started tinting the lucite pumps wild colors—like this lime ombre pair—we shot our two thumbs up as fast as we could.
10. Isaac Mizrahi Perry Pump ($140): You wouldn’t believe how easy it is to style these vintage-inspired pumps so that they look oh so 2014. Wear with a pair of boyfriend jeans and a chiffon blouse to amp up your errand outfit, or toss ‘em on with cropped trousers and a blazer for the work week.
11. The Frankie Pump in Colorblock ($140): Even Madewell’s timeless Frankie Pump gets tricked out with black and silver panels. It might just be the sleekest two-tone look we’ve seen.
12. Mulroney B Coral Canvas Booties ($70): Coral canvas booties? Sign us up! We love how the beige buckles create a color block stripe effect from the back and the side.
13. Sandal With Metallic Ankle Strap ($60): Leave it to Zara to find a way to amp up what already is the chicest pair of open toe pumps we’ve seen this season. That metallic ankle strap acts as an ultra modern color block.
14. Stone Ankle Boots ($396): Who knew you would absolutely need a pair of white ankle boots this Spring? Those geometric stretch panels are everything.
16. Loeffler Randall Charlotte Pumps ($324): No, you didn’t die and go to heel heaven—Madewell just knows how to sling a killer pump. The scalloped back makes this color blocked pair unmistakably modern.
17. BC Footwear Take a Break Slingback Heel ($60): And just like that, a chic slingback turns into a totally party-worthy pump. Teal leather straps have us seriously swooning over this girly pair.
18. Talia D’Orsay Heels ($100): You had us at “D’Orsay heel.” These pretty pumps scream vintage glam.
19. Weekend Wanderlust Bootie ($40): We love the easy feel of these roll top booties. The aqua lining contrasts perfectly with the tan faux leather.
20. Bryann Suede + Leather Colorblock Pump ($100): Tangerine, fuchsia, and tan? What a killer color combo! These strappy stilettos are one heck of a statement shoe.
21. Asos Aladdin Chelsea Ankle Boots ($93): Now you have an excuse to strut in Chelsea boots: this navy and coral number are the hottest pair in town. We’d wear this color blocked beauty everyday.
What are your favorite winter-to-spring pieces to wear? Tell us in the comments below.