When it’s cold outside, there’s nothing better than loading on the layers and curling up with a warm mug of cider (and maybe even a freshly baked pastry or two). Unfortunately, with busy schedules and full social calendars, kickin’ it at home isn’t always an option. That means pulling together an actual outfit, because sweats just aren’t going to (always) cut it. That’s the beauty of pieces like chunky knits, denim, wraps and joggers; they’re crazy cozy, and with a few simple tweaks, perfectly chic. Insta is bursting at the seams with #OOTDs with a comfy edge, so we’re serving up some of our favorites below for the next time you need a little sartorial boost.
1. @lowstoluxe: The classic cardi gets reworked for the here-and-now with a bright geometric print and an oversized silhouette. Rock it over flared or wide-leg denim for a relaxed, but totally enviable ensemble. Mix in a luxe backpack, classic fedora and richly hued pair of patent ankle boots for a fab finish. (Photo via @lowstoluxe)
2. @carolinereceveurlucas: A statement topper is a true outfit savior when you have to face the outside world on a “I just can’t even” kind of day. It’ll instantly take just-your-average separates into street style star territory. To play into those comfy vibes, opt for faux fur, shearling or textured fabric styles. (Photo via @carolinereceveurlucas)
3. @juliahengel: Capes and ponchos are essential wardrobe pick-me-ups. Toss one over jeans, joggers or a laid-back sweater dress and secure with a belt and you’ve got a killer off- or on-duty look. (Photo via @juliahengel)
4. @stylebyada: Strike the ultimate balance of athleisure and urban edge with elements like a relaxed tee and bomber jacket paired up with dressy details like tailored trousers, ankle boots and a sleek leather backpack. (Photo via @stylebyada)
5. @shallwesasa: Say “whatevs” to stuffy, stiff office attire, because pulled-together no longer means suits and matching sets. Get your polish on with chunky knits, streamlined skirts or cropped trousers and #girlboss heels. (Photo via @shallwesasa)
6. @carriebradshawlied: Standing out doesn’t have to mean donning over-the-top threads. Casual basics can be just as impactful when styled creatively, like Kathleen’s striking stripes. (Photo via @carriebradshawlied)
7. @queenofjetlags: If you’re looking for a one-and-done piece to get you through the cold weather season with minimal effort and mega style, make a chic sweater dress your weapon of choice. Wear it with over-the-knee boots and a bright bucket bag. (Photo via @queenofjetlags)
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.